General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Beginner - Any swimming coaching available? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-01-02 2:12 PM

Subject: Beginner - Any swimming coaching available?

Hey all!

I'm thinking of doing the Mini Mighty Man Triathlon in April at Eisenhower Park.

This will be my first traithlon and I definitely need some help with swimming.

I think I'm too late to join any classes at the Aquatic Center =[

2013-01-03 9:28 AM
in reply to: #4558299

Subject: RE: Beginner - Any swimming coaching available?

Have you looked into swim lessons at your local YMCA?  They are also on a schedule but I think you can join within the first couple of weeks of the session. I've also found that if you go to the pool at the Y on a slow day, the lifeguards will actually give you some pointers and watch you swim to see where you can improve. 

You could also Google LI triathlon clubs.  They typically provide swim training during the off season at a local pool.  

Hope this helps.

2013-01-03 1:40 PM
in reply to: #4559666

Thanks! That does! =]
2013-04-03 9:49 AM

User image

New user
If you haven't signed up for lessons yet. John Stewart with Jack Rabbit is amazing!!!! They have a 4 week intensive with him. I'm pretty sure that I have been swimming since before I can walk, but John revolutionized my swimming. I would do his intensive every year if I could.
2013-04-04 11:45 AM

Where are you located? If there are colleges nearby, talk to the head coach of the swim team and see if there are any swimmers that could help you out. I'm not sure if you're willing to pay, but as a college swimmer, I know we are always looking for ways to share our experience and make some money!
2013-04-08 10:33 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Look into Masters Swim or swim lessons at LIU (Long Island University) in Brooklyn. THey have an amazing facility. I know that there's a highly-regarded Masters team there that you can probbaly join, but if that feels too advanced, I'm sure they have swim lessons there as well.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Beginner - Any swimming coaching available? Rss Feed