of 4

2006-08-10 3:56 PM
in reply to: #469086

User image

Veteran
Raleigh, NC
Subject: RE: Weird Ride Sightings
Weird run sighting...

I was visiting family in the mountains of VA and running along a country road one morning when I came upon a pen of goats...the billy/nanny kind, not the mountain kind. When they saw me approaching they all came down to the corner of the fence nearest me and as I passed they all trotted along the fence line bleating at me and continued to bleat at me for a while after I passed. I was doing an out-and-back run on this road and they did the same thing when I came back by. I found that strange.

Another weird sighting on this same road another time...I was out around sunrise and came around a curve and on the side of a hill was a small herd of cows. The thing I found strange was that they were all lying on their same sides facing the same direction toward the sun.

2006-08-10 5:46 PM
in reply to: #505281

User image

Extreme Veteran
Canyon Hills (Lake Elsinore), CA
riorio - 2006-08-08 9:13 AM

When we lived in San Diego I used to always see this guy around Mission Beach while riding/jogging on the boardwalk. He'd be rollerskating and wearing a faded pink thong swimsuit and would be decorated according to the season. One time on Easter sunday, he was dressed as Jesus with a crown of thorns, a cross strapped to his back and the pink thong. My son thought he was hilarious. I know several friends who have gone to San Diego and spotted him.

The best part...he's a stock broker or accountant or something like that and his wife is the one that makes him his costumes. Oh, the things you learn when you go to SDSU...

-Tim
2006-09-26 1:02 PM

User image

Expert
Houston, TX
I had to bring this back. Last night as Kylie and I were riding through Memorial Park we saw, for the second time, one of the funniest guys ever. The trail is a loop thats a little over a mile and their are small parking lots coming off of it. In one parking lot there is a guy who looks just like napoleon dinamite with the ear warmers, pants, hair, everything. He is rollerblade dancing around little orange cones set up with his boom box jamming some tunes. Really brightens up the ride a little!
2006-09-26 3:19 PM
in reply to: #505087

Veteran
Denver
shepherd - 2006-08-08 7:09 AM

Just down the highway from the town I live in, there's a casket factory directly across the street from a retirement home. The factory was built after the retirement community... someone had a sick sense of humor. (To be fair, the factory isn't clearly labelled as such... but us locals know...)

Location, location, location.
2006-09-26 3:54 PM
in reply to: #505181

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2006-09-26 5:14 PM
in reply to: #552179

Master
Katy, TX (West of Houston)

LukeTX04 - 2006-09-26 1:02 PM I had to bring this back. Last night as Kylie and I were riding through Memorial Park we saw, for the second time, one of the funniest guys ever. The trail is a loop thats a little over a mile and their are small parking lots coming off of it. In one parking lot there is a guy who looks just like napoleon dinamite with the ear warmers, pants, hair, everything. He is rollerblade dancing around little orange cones set up with his boom box jamming some tunes. Really brightens up the ride a little!

Hey Luke, that guy has been "dancing" there for about 20 years, he still has the same outfit to prove it. He is a funny site to see, did you notice he plays the soundtrack to footloose and flashdance on his radio.........

2006-09-26 5:17 PM

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado

From my log Sunday...

Things I saw today:
1. Lots of half eaten or rotten apples. Not all in one place, which is why I thought this was an odd theme. They were all far apart.
2. A soccer field in a horse pasture. I'm not kidding. Two regulation size soccer goals set up like you'd play soccer (no painted lines) and a horse grazing around inbetween them. That would really suck...to be running along playing soccer and step in a big pile of horse poo.
3. The high school football sign in someone's front yard with the kid graduating in 2010. Holy **** that made me feel old.
4. Someone was flying a Raiders football flag (under the American flag of course) on their flagpole. Teehee. Must be Sunday.
5. A guy running on the side of the road in fatigues. From a distance I thought it looked sketchy. Did a few double takes trying to figure out if it was a dark animal since I couldn't believe the way this person was running along the side of the road. In fact, it was scaring me a little bit since he just LOOKED sketchy! AS I come up on him, I see his face is all covered and he's carrying a guy. Um, okay...take a CLOSER look as I go by and it's a paintball gun (I think). But c'mon...in today's day and age you stand a dang good chance of scaring SOMEBODY if you run along the side of the road all shrouded and carrying a gun. Keep it on the paintball course!

2006-09-26 6:37 PM

i dont know if anyone is familiar with philadelphia, but i was up past the Philly Zoo near the liberty bell/civil war memorial area. There is a big park back there that i usually do a few loops around before heading back to center city in the evenings.

Two nights ago i passed a car parked off to the side of the road (it was 7pm) with two people inside obviously making a commotion. At first i thought someone was getting raped or beaten up or something, so i kinda slowed a little bit. NOPE. Two guys, going at it, in the passenger seat.

Now I'm not anti-gay or anything, but i almost threw up ALLLL over myself. I literally just went cross eyed and wanted to vomit. Needless to say, i found a different way home so i didnt have to pass them again. GROSS
2006-09-26 6:50 PM

Expert
Tallahassee, FL
1) On a ride waay out on a country road in Kentucky, I round a bend and come face to face with 3 cows that are just standing in the road. They were nice enough to let me by.

2) I'm on the same road with a buddy, we see a guy riding way up in front of us. I bit later, we pass him. He's on a old, old mountain bike with knee socks with the colored striped at the top pulled up to his knees, and two motorcycle rearview mirrors attached to the handle bars. The best part was that above the rear tire, he had on of those racks to store gear, and he had strapped a boombox on it. As we passed him, he was listening to the radio. He looks over at me and gives me this weird smile. We go one, a minute or two later, he comes flying past us, blazing "Eye of the Tiger" out of his boombox. It was great.

3) During track season I was really busy coaching, so it would be after dark before I could run. There was a park with a lit-up running path. There was a reniassance club practicing their swordplay at a picnic shelter. For a month, I had NO idea what they were doing, so I thought it was weird to run upon a medieval battle taking place.
2006-09-26 7:33 PM
in reply to: #469171

Master
Kauai, Hawaii

Time2Tri - 2006-06-28 2:45 PM Okay I kid you not, when I was at the High Cliff Triathlon there was this guy who had a blow-up shark fin on during the bike, with a wierd clown wig. Then he gets on the Run, changes wigs to a "80's rock star hair style." Oh, and he was drinking Corona's the ENTIRE race. is that legal? And you know what the worse part it? He came in faster than me... Hence, part of the reason I am doing the 700 club this month.

Now that is having fun!

2006-09-26 7:39 PM

Master
Kauai, Hawaii
Ok it is not weird to see pigs MTB riding in Kauai but it was pretty cool to see my husband hit one and was ejected out of his toe clips and landed right on his feet upright! Pretty impressive because I probably would have landed on my head!

Edited by tritwinmom 2006-09-26 7:40 PM

2006-09-26 8:45 PM

Veteran
Reston
On two different rides...

1) pigs feet/legs scattered on the road *GROSS*
and
2) a tandem bike with a rear disc wheel
2006-09-26 8:48 PM

Extreme Veteran
Two things. 1st- This was years ago on a long ride with a couple of racer friends. We were doing 40-50 miles in the hills and we beinging to climb up a long 5% grade maybe 2 mile climb when we round a corner on this two lane country road and I swear we are riding in what must have been thounsands and thousands of butterfly's. I mean they were everywhere. They were obviously all the same type, it must have been some kind of breeding thing or something. We soon climbed out of the area they were in but it was really sort of neat. 2nd-Another nature thing but this time I am out on a solo ride again in the hills just sort of cruising along, not really hammer or anything. I hear this screaching sound and look up just in time to see a hawk slam into a smaller black bird(don't know the type) in mid air. The hawk must have lost its grip on its prey because the black bird landed hard about 30-40 ft in front of me. I road past watching the hawk circle until I past by then landed and made off with lunch.
2006-10-08 8:27 PM

Extreme Veteran
Covington (New Orleans), La

Today while on a (way too) long bike ride, hubby and I saw a guy being pulled in a cart-buggy type thing (think Charleton Heston in Ben Hur) behind a donkey.  He had one of those donkey whips and was swatting away trying to get the mule to pull him along this country road.   The donkey was reinforcing the sterotype of all donkeys as stupid and onery (a dangerous combination) by pulling Ben Hur into the wrong side of the country road (as we prayed for no oncoming traffic) and then finally got fed up with being swatted by the whip and ran the guy into a ditch on the side of the road.

2006-10-08 8:30 PM

Veteran
Florida
I saw an armadillo that had been hit by a car (but it was still in all one piece), it was upside down (on its back), and someone had put a beer can in its paws, so it looked like it was kicking back and having a beer...this was in the middle of the bike lane...

I know I shouldn't have laughed, but it was so so random and weird!!
2006-10-08 8:38 PM
in reply to: #564074

Extreme Veteran
Covington (New Orleans), La

tbctbc - 2006-10-08 8:30 PM I saw an armadillo that had been hit by a car (but it was still in all one piece), it was upside down (on its back), and someone had put a beer can in its paws, so it looked like it was kicking back and having a beer...this was in the middle of the bike lane... I know I shouldn't have laughed, but it was so so random and weird!!

Maybe it's like one of those war memorial monuments where soldiers go place beer and cigarette packs for their fallen comrades.  Maybe a band of armadillos wanted their brother to enjoy some cold brewskie in the after-life.  Then they went their separate ways and cried big armadillo tears in private (can't let the others see you weep.   Must... be....  strong).

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Weird Ride Sightings Rss Feed  

of 4