General Discussion Triathlon Talk » help--having chest strain/pain Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-06-28 9:20 PM

Subject: help--having chest strain/pain
Hi all--I'm new...I increased weights during my arm workout two days ago, and then the day after, I had a great long run. Probably longer than I normally do, but I felt great during it. Well, yesterday and today, my chest muscles feel very strained. Like a twitching in my chest wall area, if that makes sense. My husband thinks it's due to the increased weights, and then pushing myself...maybe without warming up enough? I dunno, but it totally stinks to be dealing with this, because it's so tight on the left side of my chest, like into my collar bone, even. Could it be from that? And, I'm currently taking ibuprofen for pain--but should I be icing it? I tried to power walk today...to keep up with my workouts, but I walked up this huge hill, and I had to walk home. As I took deeper breaths, the pain and twitching in the muscle came back. I'm used to leg pain, but chest (wall) pain is....uck...horrible, too.

Any advice? Thanks!

2006-06-29 1:45 PM
in reply to: #469243

User image

Veteran
Westminster, Colorado
Subject: RE: help--having chest strain/pain
Maybe you pulled your chest muscle? Ice, rest, ibuprofen, and time. Give it a few days. When I pull a muscle it would take 3 days to a week to feel better depending on how bad I strained it. My hubby just pulled his hamstring pretty severely and he'll be in pain for another week at least probably.
2006-06-29 6:59 PM
in reply to: #469980

Subject: RE: help--having chest strain/pain
thank you for your reply! i think it's due to a pinched nerve, in my back, from upping the weights...and that pain actually surfaced before the chest pain did...but today, i noticed that when i felt the 'twinge' in my back...i felt it in my chest. it's really a bad feeling....i'm taking ibuprofen...and will keep resting...do you think it's ok to do cardio work?
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » help--having chest strain/pain Rss Feed