General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pro Triathletes on Google + Hangout Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-01-16 11:38 PM

User image

Bay Area, California
Subject: Pro Triathletes on Google + Hangout
For those interested, I've set up a public Google + hangout this friday November 18th at 1pm Pacific Time with Pro Triathletes: Kim Schwabenbauer, Beth Shutt, and Jessica Smith AKA the Baby pro's. At last year's Ironman AZ, Jessica, Kim, and Beth, whom were in their 1st year as pro triathletes, came up with the term, and they've just kind of run with it. 

While somewhat informal, I'm hoping to get some insight into each of their experiences as first year pros. All three of these athletes have had tremendous amounts of success to get to this point, but not without some challenges along the way. They'll also be discussing their racing plans for 2013 as well as some goals for the coming season. The hangout is meant to be interactive and encourage people to join so if you're interested in taking part, there's 6 open spots if you've got a Google + account. 

You may join the hangout by following this link on Friday 1/18/13 at 1pm (PST) - Need a G+ Account, or if you're not interesting in interacting with Jesscia, Kim, and Beth (or don't have an account) but still want to check out the broadcast I will post a link to this thread at that time. 

Also: I'll be talking with Mark Wilson, Race Director of HITS on Tuesday 1/22/13 at 11am (PST). More details to come.

2013-01-16 11:45 PM
in reply to: #4582065

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Pro Triathletes on Google + Hangout
I sure hope you mean January 18th.

I'll be working, so I hope this will be viewable after the fact!
2013-01-17 7:19 AM
in reply to: #4582065

User image

Extreme Veteran

Holy s$!^, it's November already!  Damn, was I really that hungover?

Thanks though.  If work is boring and nothing's going on, I might join.

2013-01-19 4:40 PM
in reply to: #4582195

User image

Bay Area, California
mattramirez - 2013-01-17 7:19 AM

Holy s$!^, it's November already!  Damn, was I really that hungover?

Thanks though.  If work is boring and nothing's going on, I might join.

Geeez!  How did I make it November 18th???? Ha! Sorry.  I swear I was completely coherent when I wrote that.  Maybe I got it confused with the date of Ironman AZ in 2012 or something.  No clue!

Anyway, I posted the video on youtube.  Here's the link if you want to check it out.  They actually had some fantastic insight into being a first year pro, and some advice for anyone competing in triathlon (newbie or seasoned).  Your thoughts are always welcome, and feel free to share.

This Tuesday at 11am PST and 2pm EST I will have Mark Wilson Race Director of HITS.

Cheers!

Edited by AndresLD 2013-01-19 4:40 PM
2013-01-19 4:41 PM
in reply to: #4582068

User image

Bay Area, California

dfquigley - 2013-01-16 11:45 PM I sure hope you mean January 18th.

I'll be working, so I hope this will be viewable after the fact!

Ha... yes, I totally did.  Not sure how that slipped!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pro Triathletes on Google + Hangout Rss Feed