General Discussion Triathlon Talk » HITS North Country in Hague Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-01-17 9:45 AM

User image

Subject: HITS North Country in Hague
so is there anyone in new york, specifically long island training for the HITS race upstate in hague? I'm currently thinking of competing in the half ironman. What should I expect with a race from the HITS series, all I can muster from looking at it that its decently run but a bit lonely on course.

2013-01-17 4:32 PM
in reply to: #4582467

User image

Regular
Ballston Spa
Subject: RE: HITS North Country in Hague

evb4mvp - 2013-01-17 10:45 AM so is there anyone in new york, specifically long island training for the HITS race upstate in hague? I'm currently thinking of competing in the half ironman. What should I expect with a race from the HITS series, all I can muster from looking at it that its decently run but a bit lonely on course.

I live in Saratoga and have raced the OLY course up at Hague. This is before HITS took over and I have not raced a HITS race yet. I hear good things about them. As for spectators this will be a lonely course.  It a rural but beautiful area. I will be racing the HIM and am a very slow triathlete. I might come in last. I expect to be by myself most of the race and know that there will not be a lot of spectators. Especially on the bike.

2013-02-04 9:57 AM
in reply to: #4582467

New user

Bergen County

I just signed up for it..  I have done a HITS olympic dist (first one in Hunter) - - and was pleasantly surprised at how good of hosts they were.  1st and foremost- designated transition areas with a place to sit (and adding last name label on it was a nice touch).  Ample PortoJons around the transition area (eases anxiety),guy on a PA system constantly counting down to start times which alleviated stress of clock watching as you're setting up.  Finally people covering all aspects of giving directions (where to turn around and stuff).  It was kinda lonely around the course- but I don't blame the host for that-like I said there were people where they were needed. I was VERY pleased with this host. PLUS the price.

The only thing I did not care for (which is not any kind of dealbreaker) was that the photography was outsourced to like one guy who had a big truck which I had to wait for my photos after the race to be downloaded into the system-- then I only had one chance pick them right there on the spot if I wanted any and it was like $60 for a normal size pic.  ---very expensive compared to others.

I hope I have as good a time up in Hague this year as it will be my first half IM... I expect to be one of the last few to finish.... . but I plan on going up there at least once before to try and get familiar with the course.  I live in NJ, but if you were also interested I'd be happy to get in touch.

2013-05-21 9:00 AM
in reply to: evb4mvp

User image

Master
New Jersey
Has anyone looked at the bike course? I knew it was a tough beginning...5miles averaging 5% grade, but looking closer, looks like there's about a mile section of VERY steep climbing, like 10-14%. At least that's what mapmyride said...
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » HITS North Country in Hague Rss Feed