General Discussion Triathlon Talk » hard winter cycling? anyone who will not benefit Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-01-17 1:22 PM

User image

Veteran
Maryland
Subject: hard winter cycling? anyone who will not benefit

Question for the gurus.  Will everyone benefit from some good hard riding this time of the year after time off?  My wife has been out of training for about 6 months.  Would it benefit her to start with some easy zone 2 riding to get some fitness back or can she start doing some harder intervals right away. 

And I have been slacking/off bike since October, trying to increase my running, and getting back on the bike seemed harder than usual.  Same question for me.  Zone 2 stuff for week or two to get back in action or start going for it with harder intervals?

We both train by HR, and I have used Trainer Road off/on.

Plan on riding 3 days a week, Tu/Th 45min-hour session, and longer ride on Sat, starting to build between 1-1:30 and increase every week.  Still plan on running 4-5 days a week.  Following the Fink competitive plan- or modified version of.  Oly-A race 17 weeks out.  And Beach to Battleship end of october with bunch of sprints sprinkled throughout year.

Thanks.

2013-01-17 1:44 PM
in reply to: #4582886

User image

Not a Coach
Media, PA
Subject: RE: hard winter cycling? anyone who will not benefit
If you (or your wife) has not been riding for 6 months, I would take a couple weeks to try to get back in the groove.  You could do some harder riding during that time, but probably best to not drill yourself completely.  For mental purposes as much as physical.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » hard winter cycling? anyone who will not benefit Rss Feed