General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - International Course : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2013-01-21 12:00 PM

User image

New user
Kenosha
Subject: Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - International Course : Official Thread
Going to start the thread for Pleasant Prairie. Don't want to get hung up on formalities, so how about everyone share the following:

Name: cynner Cyndi

What is your triathlon schedule look like this year: 1) PP Oly Tri; 2) Ironman Racine 70.3; and 3) REV3 Oly distance in Wi Dells.

What other non-tri races are planned: 1) Wisconsin 1/2 Mary at Kenosha lakefront; 2) Brewers Mini-marathon (1/2 Mary); 3) Milwaukee Marathon; and 4) Long Beach, CA 1/2 Mary.

Why did you choose Pleasant Prairie: Love the local venue. It's a well run race and FUN!

What are you goals for Pleasant Prairie? If life stays in balance (i.e. health and family), hope to PR.

What are you most looking forward to? Looking forward to the warmer weather!!!!

Thanks,
Cyndi

2013-01-21 5:56 PM
in reply to: #4587945

Kenosha
Subject: RE: Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - International Course : Official Thread

Name: John

Tri and Race schedule in my signature.

This is only my second year in triathlon and I did PP last year. It was a well run event and so I'll be returning this year.

My PP goal is to improve upon my slow time last year with a less slow time this year. Smile I'm only competitive with myself at this point. So any improvement is good.

2013-01-21 6:22 PM

User image

New user
Kenosha
Subject: RE: Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - International Course : Official Thread
Hi John,
We've probably seen each other training if you live in Kenosha. This your first year doing Racine? I started the thread last week for that race too This will be my 5th year doing Racine so ask any questions. If you ever want to join in a ride or something just shout.
Cyndi
2013-01-22 11:06 AM

User image

Wisconsin

For any local that are looking for something tri-related to do this weekend-Mulltisport expo in Franklin.  I haven't been before but have heard it's a great place for deals on gear.  Looks like they have a few speakers that some may be interested in too. 

http://www.multisportexpo.com/Multisport_Expo/Home.html

2013-01-24 3:22 PM

User image

Veteran
Racine, WI

I plan on racing Pleasant Prairie again this year.  I'm hoping to not be sick for the race this year. Last year I missed the Lighthouse Run and nearly missed this race with a sinus infection.  

I'll be doing Racine 1/2 IM as well.  The TriWisconsin team usually does a group ride a few weeks before IM Racine.  It's been pretty big the last couple of years, and you don't have to be a member to join them.  

2013-01-24 3:28 PM
in reply to: #4593331

User image

New user
Kenosha
GREAT! Amy and I will be at Racine this year (again). We did the TriWisconsin ride too. What a great day that was!!! They did a great job with the aid stations and it was a lot of fun to ride with others folks doing the race. Hope to see you this summer!

Cyndi

2013-01-24 3:32 PM

Chicago

I'll check in, too!

Name: Kyle

Tri Schedule:  PP Oly is my 1st triathlon...ever! Probably my only Oly this season. May do a couple sprints later in the summer, not sure. We'll see how this one goes! 

Non-Tri Races: I usually do a fall marathon (Chicago last year), but haven't decided. Possibly Columbus this year. 

Why Pleasant Prairie: Great reviews. Convenient to where I live in Chicago. Seems good for newbies. 

Goals: Finish! Not be intimidated by the swim. See if this sport is for me. Have fun!

Most looking forward to: Pulling my kids in our new bike trailer we got for Christmas. 

2013-01-24 3:41 PM
in reply to: #4593346

User image

New user
Kenosha
NewfangledDad - 2013-01-24 3:32 PM

I'll check in, too!

Name: Kyle

Tri Schedule:  PP Oly is my 1st triathlon...ever! Probably my only Oly this season. May do a couple sprints later in the summer, not sure. We'll see how this one goes! 

Non-Tri Races: I usually do a fall marathon (Chicago last year), but haven't decided. Possibly Columbus this year. 

Why Pleasant Prairie: Great reviews. Convenient to where I live in Chicago. Seems good for newbies. 

Goals: Finish! Not be intimidated by the swim. See if this sport is for me. Have fun!

Most looking forward to: Pulling my kids in our new bike trailer we got for Christmas. 

Hi Kyle,
you will enjoy the PP Oly. As you know, it's a great venue and a well run race. Congrats on doing the Chicago last year. Amy and I did Milwaukee and plan on a repeat up there. :-)

My hope is that they have the old bike route for the Oly this year vs. the double loop from last year. The west portion of the route is a lot of fun and VERY scenic. Hope to see you at some of the open water swims at Lake Andrea this summer. We're there almost every Thursday evening!

Cyndi
2013-01-24 3:46 PM

User image

Veteran
Chicago (Old Town)

Oh, that looks like a neat race!  And convenient too!  Lemme check my schedule and see if I can swing this one!

Name: Dave

What is your triathlon schedule look like this year: Maybe this one?  Definitely Ironman Wisconsin.  And whatever else fits in...

What other non-tri races are planned: Hmmm...  Maybe the Soldiers Field 10 miler?  Maybe other stuff?

Why did you choose Pleasant Prairie: Saw the thread here and checked out the site and reviews.  Looks neat!

What are you goals for Pleasant Prairie? Wake up in time....

What are you most looking forward to? April 25th.....the perfect date...  Because it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket.....

2013-01-24 3:53 PM
in reply to: #4593365

User image

New user
Kenosha
Dave,

"What are you most looking forward to? April 25th.....the perfect date... Because it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket....."

Are you a fan of Miss Congeniality??? :-))

Cyndi
2013-01-24 6:27 PM

Chicago

So here's my two questions: 

1) I see a mix in the photos of the event. I'm thinking I should use a wetsuit as a newbie...am I right that it looks like wetsuits outnumber the non-wetsuits? Water temp is usually, what, low 70's? 

2) What is everybody here riding? Will I be the only goofy-looking dude on a fitness hybrid? lol 

2013-01-25 10:37 AM
in reply to: #4593378

User image

Veteran
Chicago (Old Town)

cynner - 2013-01-24 3:53 PM Dave, "What are you most looking forward to? April 25th.....the perfect date... Because it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket....." Are you a fan of Miss Congeniality??? :-)) Cyndi

Hehe.. I just saw it last week for the first time in years..  I forgot how funny it was...

2013-01-25 10:45 AM
in reply to: #4593600

User image

New user
Kenosha
NewfangledDad - 2013-01-24 6:27 PM

So here's my two questions: 

1) I see a mix in the photos of the event. I'm thinking I should use a wetsuit as a newbie...am I right that it looks like wetsuits outnumber the non-wetsuits? Water temp is usually, what, low 70's?  

2) What is everybody here riding? Will I be the only goofy-looking dude on a fitness hybrid? lol 

1) The wetsuit is a personal choice. I know the RD always seems to find a spot in the water that makes it wetsuit legal. :-) I've used the wetsuit a couple of times, but prefer to swim without it. I don't feel the speed gains for the swim offset the lost time in T1. There aren't wetsuit strippers, so you're on your own.

2) There's all sorts of bikes out there! Believe it or not, last year I saw a mountain bike at Racine 70.3! Don't let the fancy tri bikes be a concern for you. I have a road bike with aero's on it. Nothing fancy.

Cyndi
2013-01-25 11:30 AM
in reply to: #4594444

Chicago

Thanks, Cyndi! Something tells me my T1 time is going to be the least of my concerns on race day though. lol

Good for them on the mountain bike at Racine! I'm thinking of doing IMWI next year--really that's why I'm doing PP is to get my feet wet (bad pun, sorry). My partner has a Scott CR1 that she still has setup from when she did IMWI a few years ago...I may need to beg her to borrow it to avoid being mountain bike guy. Ha. 

2013-01-25 11:36 AM
in reply to: #4594427

User image

New user
Kenosha
julio26pt2 - 2013-01-25 10:37 AM

Hehe.. I just saw it last week for the first time in years..  I forgot how funny it was...

We have it on DVD. The movie is a crack-up! Glad to know others find it as funny as we do. :-)

2013-01-25 11:41 AM
in reply to: #4594539

User image

New user
Kenosha
NewfangledDad - 2013-01-25 11:30 AM

Thanks, Cyndi! Something tells me my T1 time is going to be the least of my concerns on race day though. lol

Good for them on the mountain bike at Racine! I'm thinking of doing IMWI next year--really that's why I'm doing PP is to get my feet wet (bad pun, sorry). My partner has a Scott CR1 that she still has setup from when she did IMWI a few years ago...I may need to beg her to borrow it to avoid being mountain bike guy. Ha. 

Amy and I will be in for IMWI 2014. We're volunteering this year to get a spot for next year. If you get in, let us know. It would be great to have a small group to train with.

Grovel, plead, make promises to ride that Scott!

I'm looking forward to the warmer weather. Can't wait to meet everyone! I'm assuming that most of us live close enough to either do the open waters at Lake Andrea or bike the route. The snow here today is pretty, but a bit of a downer.

Cyndi

2013-01-25 11:53 AM

Chicago

Yeah, that was my plan is that if I decide I want in for IMWI 2014 I'd volunteer in Sept to get a registration spot. 

The CR1 is her baby though. I once asked to take a water bottle cage off and got a smackdown. lol "Don't touch my bike!" Ok, fair enough. Maybe I can convince her to buy me the Felt I want instead? ;-)

2013-01-25 12:04 PM
in reply to: #4594588

User image

New user
Kenosha
Glad to hear that she has her priorities in order. Bike, gear, then partner. I love it! :-)))))
2013-01-27 9:06 PM

User image

Regular
Libertyville, IL

Name:  Ryan

Tri Schedule:  So for Pleasant Prairie Oly and Lake Zurich, IL Oly + hopefully one more Oly this summer (maybe Lake Geneva - I haven't done that one yet)

Non-Tri Races:  Wisconsin 1/2 marathon in Kenosha, probably another 1/2 in the fall and then some 5k and 10k runs mixed in.  And then maybe the Big Shoulders 5k swim again. 

Why Pleasant Prairie:  Close to home, it's a great course and a well run event.  

Goals for PP:  All depends on where I am at day of the race.  Hopefully PR. 

Most looking forward to getting out on my bike in the warm weather!  

2013-01-28 1:59 PM
in reply to: #4597122

User image

New user
Kenosha
Ryan,
Welcome to the thread!! Glad to see you are doing the Wisc 1/2 mary, too. Great race and venue!!! Hopefully, we'll see you at the lakefront training this spring.

Cyndi
2013-01-29 10:04 AM

User image

Wisconsin

Hi everyone- Here's my info!

Name: Amy

Schedule: Tri-PP oly, Racine 70.3, WI Dells oly. Running: 1/2 marathon Kenosha (must do for anyone on the fence), Brewers 1/2 marathon, Milwaukee Marathon, Long Beach Ca 1/2 marathon

Why PP: Close to home so super convenient, love Lake Andrea venue!  Small enough amount of participants that it's not overcrowded. 

Goal: A PR of course but overall to have a solid race to start the season off!

Looking forward to... Seeing all of the hard work of training in the pool pay off this year!

Welcome to anyone new to pleasant prairie and shout with any questions.  I know last years bike route changed many times prior to the race due to construction.  My hope is that is not the case this year so we can get out and ride the course a few times.  Happy Training!

Amy

2013-01-29 12:44 PM

User image

Champion
Chicago
Yeah I think I will probably do this one again. I love it.

Name: Tony

Schedule:
These are all tentative, but ... undetermined marathon in April, Lake in the Hills Tri on June 16, Pleasant Prairie Oly on June 23, Dances With Dirt Devil's Lake 50K July 13, Dances With Dirt Hell 50K on Sept. 21, Chicago Marathon Oct. 13, JFK50 Nov. 12.

Why PP: It's close to Chicago and I always see my homeys there.

Goal: To win, of course.

Looking forward to: Tripping Amyjo as I run by her.
2013-02-14 7:34 AM

User image

Regular
Subject: Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - International Course : Official Thread

Hi e'one...

Name: Troy H

What is your triathlon schedule look like this year: 1) PP Oly Tri; 2) Ironman Racine 70.3; Undecided about Pewaukee Tri

What other non-tri races are planned: 1) Wisconsin 1/2 Mary; Lots of other small local races

Why did you choose Pleasant Prairie: Local venue, live on the course.

What are you most looking forward to? Training with others, golf

Thanks Cynner for putting this here.  NEeded another motivation thread.

2013-02-14 9:01 AM
in reply to: #4621827

User image

New user
Kenosha
Hi Troy,
looks like Gordon_mom and I will be seeing you around the Lakefront and at Lake Andrea. :-) We start our 1/2 Mary training in just another week or so. And, we've already started training for Racine. Don't know if you've been out to the Racine thread, but there's a post that says Ironman has upgraded that race. So we'll see more Pros!

Cyndi
2013-02-21 2:25 PM

User image

Regular
My family "Host" pros at their home in Racine.  I will also be staying with them this year.  They hosted the three top place winners last year (Albert, Ambrose and Reed).  Maybe some of that luck will rub off...

Edited by t-royboy 2013-02-21 2:26 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - International Course : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 5