General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New Triathletes in Miami Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-01-27 11:00 AM

User image

New user

Subject: New Triathletes in Miami

Hello,

I am new to Miami and new to training to be a Triathlete. I was wondering if there are any other newbies (or vets) in the Miami area that would like to meet up, train, and maybe I could get some advice on a decent training plan to be ready for either a sprint or olympic distance tri in September. Let me know! Laughing

-Danielle

2013-01-27 11:33 AM
in reply to: #4596506

New user

Subject: RE: New Triathletes in Miami

Welcome to Miami!  The South Florida Triathletes -- Team Hammerheads is a local club that does training runs, rides, and swims.  

Check out our website -- http://www.teamhammerheads.com.  The membership information is all there.  

Let me know if you have any questions, 

Renee Greenwell 

2013-01-27 1:42 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
, Guam
dcneaveill - 2013-01-27 1:00 PM

Hello,

I am new to Miami and new to training to be a Triathlete. I was wondering if there are any other newbies (or vets) in the Miami area that would like to meet up, train, and maybe I could get some advice on a decent training plan to be ready for either a sprint or olympic distance tri in September. Let me know! Laughing

-Danielle

dcneveill--welcome to Miami and I hope you enjoy triathlons as much as I do.  Renee was spot on with her info. There are some good training plans here on BT and also a lot of very experienced/helpful people here on BT.  I have learned a lot here by just listening to others here. I try to swim/bike/run at Tri Beach about every other day, like to teach and you are welcome to join me anytime. There are lots of people that train at Tri Beach year round, from before daylight till late at night. It is a wonderful learning and training environment.  Be careful of Miami drivers.  Hope this helps

Edited by spearit 2013-01-27 1:44 PM
2013-01-27 6:58 PM

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan
Welcome to South FL.  I am new to the area as well although not new to tris or this site.  Miami man triathlon is held down your way and I bet riding the bike course for that race might be good.  I don't know about the pools down there.
2013-01-28 8:04 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Miami

Welcome to Miami...You either will love it or hate it....

If you are anywhere in the Coral Gables or Coconut Grove Area you are set training wise.  You have key biscayne (tri-beach) as spearit mentioned, which is a great place to ride, run and swim year round and where most triathletes train in the miami area. 

Club wise you already got some good information, Hammerheard is the biggest club around but you wont have a problem finding people to work out if the club thing is not for you.

Myself, girlfriend a couple of friends ride or run every weekend in the area.  Any questions, pointers that you may need feel free to ask.

2013-01-29 9:31 AM

User image

Welcome to Miami! You got some good advice about the Hammerheads. Of course I'm biased because that's my club too.

Depending on where you are you can also meet some people through local running "groups." Almost all the running stores around here do free "fun runs" during the week. So Footworks in South Miami or on the Beach has them. In South Miami it's Tuesday and Thursday night. Also the running store in the grove, iRun on Brickell and Sole Running in Kendall all have running groups. All nice people and a good way to meet people.

2013-04-07 9:45 AM

User image

New user

Thank you all for the advice and the welcoming messages. Sorry I did not respond earlier. I was a little intimidated when i first moved here but am ready to rumble now! I have/will be looking into a lot of these options as I begin to form a definite schedule and networking for training etc. Thank you all so much!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New Triathletes in Miami Rss Feed