Other Resources My Cup of Joe » As they say, "Well, that escalated quickly." Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 7

2013-02-02 11:26 AM
in reply to: #4604840

User image

Saint Paul, MN
Subject: RE: As they say, "Well, that escalated quickly."

Puppetmaster - 2013-02-01 3:05 PM Am I the only one that read the title in a Dana Carvey voice

I read it in my Ron Burgundy voice.

2013-02-04 7:43 AM
in reply to: #4603979

New user
Subject: RE: As they say, "Well, that escalated quickly."

I am definitely an over-tipper, unless service is real bad.  I don't normally eat in real expensive places so for me to add a few bucks that might bring the percentage from 20% to 25%, I don't  think it's that big a deal sometimes. It can make someone's day especially if another table really stiffed them.

Here's one reason why I usally pay instead of my wife. We went to a decent restaurant and she decided to pay. She's got a Masters and is far smarter than me, but she has trouble with numbers. She left the waiter $2.00 instead of the $22.00 she intended to (in this case I would have given $25.00 instead of $22.).  Good thing I knew the owner and the bartender in this place and the bartender asked me "if everything was ok?". I could tell something was up by the way he asked, so I questioned him and he told me what happened.  A little embarrassing but they knew us well enough to know it was a rounding error on my wife's part and I was glad they asked.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » As they say, "Well, that escalated quickly." Rss Feed  

of 7