General Discussion Race Reports! » Redondo Beach Super Bowl Sunday 5K Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Redondo Beach Super Bowl Sunday 5K - Run5k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Redondo Beach, California
United States
Spectrum Sports Management Inc.
60F / 16C
Sunny
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = 904/2934
Age Group = M40-44
Age Group Rank = 67/146
Pre-race routine:

This is the 5K that precedes the annual Super Bowl 10K by the ocean here in Redondo Beach. This year, like last, I challenged the fifth graders from my school to come out and run the 5K. They were all motivated with a one week homework pass if they could beat either me or our school principal. Well the principal texted me 10:30 the night before the race to say she had a fever and was skipping the race. So, all the kids would beat her. (full disclosure, everyone who showed up and finished the course get the homework pass. :) I planned to do this race with the kids, then do the 10K with my wife.
Event warmup:

Rode my bike downhill 3 miles from home to the start line. I got to the spot I told the kids to meet. (about 200 yards behind the start line) I only found one student with her dad.
Run
  • 31m 57s
  • 3.18 miles
  • 10m 03s  min/mile
Comments:

Just jogged at a nice pace with a fellow teacher and a former student. Skipped the aid stations because they were super crowded and I had water waiting at the finish line. :)
What would you do differently?:

Nothing.
Post race
Warm down:

Waited by the finish area for about 10 minutes to find out which of my students made it to the race and congratulate them! There were about 10-12 kiddos from school who showed up! Then, found my wife at our meeting spot and got ready for the 10K start!

Last updated: 2013-02-03 12:00 AM
Running
00:31:57 | 03.18 miles | 10m 03s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/146
Overall: 0/2934
Performance: Average
Course: Nice and easy one loop course with a couple of slight uphills and one really nice downhill near the end.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?