Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2013-02-12 11:23 AM
in reply to: #4612666

User image

Extreme Veteran
West Michigan
Subject: RE: Morning Training Motivation

I'm hooked on the AM workouts but it's not always easy to get up...

For some strange reason I wake up often before my alarm on the days I work out.  I think subsconsciously I'm excited for the workout and I wake up...

Anyway, this morning I woke up before the alarm but I knew it was way too early to get up so I just laid there trying to go back to sleep....Finally I did, THEN the alarm went off....Then it was a whole different ballgame, I felt like I'd rather sleep, all the pre-workout anticipation turned to dread....

That is until my feet hit the floor and I got up and going...Like a previous poster mentioned, allow extra time on the front end so you can wake up properly...It's up to the individual how much extra time is needed, what other "things" you want to take care of beforehand etc...

As I said in a previous post, it really comes down to how important working out is....if you are ok with missing a workout for the day then you might just as well sleep...If you're like me and working out sometimes is the highlight of the day, you'll get up...

2013-02-12 12:31 PM
in reply to: #4619075

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Morning Training Motivation
TriMike - 2013-02-12 9:23 AM

I'm hooked on the AM workouts but it's not always easy to get up...

The trick, for me, is not to have the conversation with myself.  I almost lost this morning.  the alarm went off and I felt dead.  Normally I'm awake before my alarm.  this morning I was in the middle of sleeping- ugh.  I thought about blowing it off, and then- I realized I was having the conversation.  Just put the feet on the floor and stubled into the bathroom to get ready.

Once I was out on the road, pounding the pavement, with my dog at my side, enjoying the starlit sky and the road in front of me lit up by my nifty new headlamp (a princeton tec Remix), that moment of lying in bed seemed long ago.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Morning Training Motivation Rss Feed  

of 3