General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike Shops in Wichita? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-02-07 11:15 AM

User image

Wichita
Subject: Bike Shops in Wichita?

I am currently out of the country, but I want to buy a training bike when I get back.  Does anyone know what the "best" bike shop in Wichita is for getting a bike fit is?  I have some time (30 June), but I want to purchase pretty much as soon as I get back because I am planning on going for the Mudwater Tri mid-July. 

--Patrick

2013-02-07 11:41 AM
in reply to: #4612875

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Bike Shops in Wichita?

I am partial to Bicycle Pedaler at Central and Rock - but my favorite guy just left (Jeff - not sure where he went or what the story is). He fit me on my bike, helped me through 3 saddle attempts, and was a great resource for everything triathlon. Hopefully they will find a tri-minded replacement; seems most of their other employees are mountain or roadie types. I will still go there as a first choice even without Jeff though.

I am indifferent about Bicycle Exchange. I've gotten a tune-up there and purchased tires and miscellaneous products, no real complaints but it doesn't seem as friendly as Pedaler.

I do not recommend Heartland Cycle.

2013-02-07 11:44 AM

User image

New user
For the Fit, I would contact Patrick at Bicycle Exchange.  I was looking at getting fit between them and Bicycle Pedler out East and Patrick was amazing.  We spent about 3 hours making minor changes till the bike fit like a glove.
2013-02-08 12:21 AM

User image

Wichita

Thanks!  I will definately have to check out the Bicycle Exchange and Bicycle Pedaler when I get back!

--Patrick

2013-02-08 9:39 AM

Oh Man, Jeff left? That sucks, he was their tri bike guy.

But I second the recommendation.  Feel the same way about Bike Exchange, they are just okay.  No complaints about them at all.

Edited by KUATB0529 2013-02-08 9:40 AM
2013-02-08 9:52 AM

I went to bicycle exchange, I thought it was great but have no other expierencr, they had good close out prices on some models. Bicycle pedaler the owner goes to my church and is wonderful. Just didn't have the right bike for me.

2013-02-10 6:05 PM

User image

Andover, KS
Jeff fit me as well. Didn't realize he was gone....
2013-02-13 1:14 PM
in reply to: #4616599

Jeff met Kelly at the finish line of IM Kansas 70.3 in 2011, fell in love, and moved to Lawrence to move their relationship along. He will be missed...
2013-02-13 10:44 PM

I haven't purchased my good bike yet so don't know how well they do on fit but as far as customer service I would have to give Nathan at Continental cyclery on west street 5 stars. I had a very low budget and instead of trying to talk me into a bike I could not afford he helped me make the best decision for me and he helped me rehab my old 1986 centurion. Which has served me well for now and I know I will apreciate a new bike so much more. His customer service has been top notch even though I was only spending a littel bit on repairs to an old bike he treated me as if I was purchasing a $5,000 + bike and so inturn he has made a good buisness relationship with me and I will probably by my new bike from him. The only down side to his shop is he only offers one brand (specialized) but thats not exactly a bad thing. As far as bicycler pedaler they have a nice store with good pepole and several different brands to offer and good overall customer service when I have gone in and was just looking.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike Shops in Wichita? Rss Feed