Overall Rank = 9/565
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 1/40
Run
  • 19m 8s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 06m 09s  min/mile
Comments:

The race was partially on grass, and then on a cinder/gravel running path. Fairly hilly course.
What would you do differently?:

I run regularly in the area where the race was held, and a couple times I accidentally went slightly off course... I stayed on the path where the painted lines actually cut to the inside. oops.

Also, the path is only about 4 runners wide, and we did multiple loops. After my first loop I ended up having to run in the grass beside the path a lot, which was also slanted away from the gravel. That may have hurt my speed a bit.

Overall pretty satisfied with the run, but I feel pretty confident I have the ability to run an 18 minute 5k. Guess i'll just have to sign up for a road course 5k to see for sure...
Post race
Event comments:

Since the race was on Thanksgiving day, it was pretty cool that they gave out pies for the first place AG finishers. Got myself a pumpkin pie that went down really well after the T-giving turkey!

This race was a special event for me also because my parents were in town visiting, and my dad decided to run it with me. He runs 3-4 times a week for about 3 miles but had never tried a race. Happy to say he had a good experience, and actually finished 3rd in his age group! Hopefully we can do this again soon.

Last updated: 2012-12-07 12:00 AM
Running
00:19:08 | 03.11 miles | 06m 09s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/40
Overall: 0/565
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]