Australian Triathlon Forum Queensland » Has anyone done the Luke Harrop Gold Coast? Rss Feed  
Moderators: kaqphin, alicefoeller Reply
2013-02-09 8:58 PM

New user
Gold Coast
Subject: Has anyone done the Luke Harrop Gold Coast?

Hi guys my first tri is gonna be a the Luke Harrop on the Gold Coast with a few friends.  All of us are newbies and we are tackling the sprint as a first tri.  Just wondering if anyone has done this race and what it is like?  We have been trying to find info on it but there's not alot. 

Thanks

2013-02-10 12:11 AM
in reply to: #4616009

User image

Veteran
Brisbane, Australia
Subject: RE: Has anyone done the Luke Harrop Gold Coast?
runamrun - 2013-02-10 12:58 PM

Hi guys my first tri is gonna be a the Luke Harrop on the Gold Coast with a few friends.  All of us are newbies and we are tackling the sprint as a first tri.  Just wondering if anyone has done this race and what it is like?  We have been trying to find info on it but there's not alot. 

Thanks

Hi Runamrun,
Welcome to triathlon. I did the Luke Harrop sprint as my first tri about 5 years ago. Presuming it is the same - all flat course, 2 lap bike, 1 lap run, swim in the Broadwater. I would definitely recommend it as a first timers race.

Good luck!
2013-02-11 5:21 AM

Brisbane, Australia

Hi Mate,

It's a really good race, especially for your first tri. Swim is a point-to-point course in the Broadwater which is usually slightly current assisted and with good visibility. Flat, smooth 2-lap bike course from the Southport pool up to almost the Land's End bridge at Labrador on Marine Parade. Plenty of space as the entire GC Hwy is closed for the event. Run is a 2-lap affair that goes around the Southport pool and up part of the GC Hwy. It does have one decent little hill in it just north of the old Southport mall area but other than that is fairly flat. The race is really well organised and has plenty of room in the transition area.

Enjoy mate.

2013-02-12 4:53 AM

New user
Gold Coast

Awesome thanks guys.  We couldnt work out where the swim goes that has expained it thanks.  Really looking forward to it so much that I signed up yesterday for the Kingscliff Tri March 10th as a taster.

2013-02-14 6:41 AM

Brisbane, Australia
Kingly is a great race as well, very laid back friendly atmosphere. You will love the swim there, it is massively current assisted and if you get tired during the swim leg for some reason then you can just stop and walk for a while as it will only be chest deep! Seriously though, it is a good fun race, enjoy.
New Thread
Australian Triathlon Forum Queensland » Has anyone done the Luke Harrop Gold Coast? Rss Feed