General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello from Kentucky!! Signed up for the Louisville Ironman Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-02-26 2:34 PM

Subject: Hello from Kentucky!! Signed up for the Louisville Ironman

Hey everyone!!! 

I'm relatively new to Triathlons but I have done one Sprint (Tri for Sight) and one Olympic (Tri Indy).  I have really enjoyed the challenge and look forward to this next one.  I am in no way ready for an Ironman but I just decided that I will be by August 25th!!  I have been running 3-4 times a week with my distances ranging from 4-13 miles.  I also have been swimming about twice a week with distances ranging from 1000 yds up to 2 miles.  The one thing I haven't done this year is get out on the bike.  I have been to a couple of spin classes with my wife but that's it.  I have a lot of work in front of me!!!

Is anyone else entering this race?  If so, I'd love to hear how you are preparing for it.  I could use all the help I can get and would love to use this as a form of accountability.

Thanks Guys and good luck to whatever your goals are!!!

2013-02-26 2:50 PM
in reply to: #4637850

User image

Master
Just South of Boston
Subject: RE: Hello from Kentucky!! Signed up for the Louisville Ironman
Welcome to BT! Lots of great info here which will help you on your journey.

IMLou huh? There is a big thread for folks racing there in the "Iron Distance" forums. You should check it out.

One good thing for you to do would be to go check out the training plans here if you don't have one already.
2013-02-27 9:21 AM

User image

Champion
Sarasota, FL

Welcome to BT.

I admire your enthusiasm in signing up for IM Louisville, but would caution that you've got a lot of work to do between now and then.

I'd suggest you take a look at the beginner's IM plan here on BT.  It's a twenty week plan designed to get you to the finish, but assumes that you're already training around 8 hours per week.  The plan will get you up to 15 hours per week which is no small commitment.

I assume that you live in central Indiana or northern Kentucky and are still fighting the weather this time of year.  If that is the case, have you considered getting a trainer for your bike so you can start getting in some long rides indoors?

Again, welcome and good luck to you.

Mark

2013-02-27 9:59 AM

User image

Expert
Tallahassee
Enjoy, you have a lot of training to do, be careful and train smart.  Good Luck.  BTW, I'm 1 year older..lol
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello from Kentucky!! Signed up for the Louisville Ironman Rss Feed