General Discussion Triathlon Talk » RAM South Shore Tri "postponed indefinitely." Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-02-27 12:07 PM

Chicago
Subject: RAM South Shore Tri "postponed indefinitely."

Since I picked Pleasant Prairie over Big Foot (same day), I'd been waiting for the South Shore Triathlon registration to open thinking I'd do the other RAM Racing tri. But this message is up: 

"The South Shore Triathlon will be postponed indefinitely. Our partners and vendors that assist in the operation of this event were not able to consistently meet our strict standards for participant safety."

Anybody know more? I'm guessing this is the reason the Arctic Blast 10 Mile & 5k has suddenly appeared on the RAM Racing schedule? 

2013-02-27 2:03 PM
in reply to: #4639127

Arlington Heights, IL
Subject: RE: RAM South Shore Tri "postponed indefinitely."
That's really crappy how they worded it. They're not taking any ownership for the event falling through. Instead, they are blaming it on their partners and vendors.
2013-02-27 3:03 PM

User image

Veteran
Chicago (Old Town)
I think after the Hot Chocolate debacles in both Chicago and DC, they did a good job of blaming everyone and their mothers and weren't too good about just admitting that they screwed up..  I was lucky enough to get a refund from the recent 10k and won't do anything else RAM ever again.  Heck, I won't even set foot into their store..
2013-02-28 8:59 AM
in reply to: #4639481

User image

Master
Chicago
julio26pt2 - 2013-02-27 3:03 PMI think after the Hot Chocolate debacles in both Chicago and DC, they did a good job of blaming everyone and their mothers and weren't too good about just admitting that they screwed up..  I was lucky enough to get a refund from the recent 10k and won't do anything else RAM ever again.  Heck, I won't even set foot into their store..
Agree 100%. RAM is awful. Every race they put on is a mess and they try and cover for it with "great swag". They lost my business.
2013-02-28 10:04 AM

Chicago

I know they've had their problems and a fair share of haters, but I ran the North Shore Half last year with only minor complaints--90 degree day and maybe not enough water--but the rest of the race I thought was done well. A good crowd, too, they aren't hurting for participants. 

Then again, I also picked Pleasant Prairie rather than Big Foot partly on the better reviews for PP.  I just find it amusing that for a "multisport" store they have such a high ratio of road races to tri races that they organize. lol 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » RAM South Shore Tri "postponed indefinitely." Rss Feed