United States
Haddon Heights Drug Commission
Overcast
Total Time = 26m 23s
Overall Rank = 207/368
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 19/41
Pre-race routine:

didn't sleep to well at all, got up at 2:30am and couldn't fall back to sleep, went to a camp site over the weekend and got eaten up alive all over my legs damn mosiquitos, so i was so ichy!! so had my 1/2 banana and water.
Event warmup:

got there early, so did some stretching
also watched matt as he was trying to get his keys (he locked his keys in his truck) i have to say now it was funny. so that took about 20 min. and i can laugh about it now. so me and matt, dolores meet up with kurt and hung out.
Run
  • 26m 23s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 08m 31s  min/mile
Comments:

when i started out i felt great, i actually started in the back, just didn't know what to expect and i didn't want to let myself down if i didn't finish the race. by the 2nd mile i was hurting just little so i split it up by walking then running for the last mile, and then saw the finish line ahead. so i picked it up and finished.
What would you do differently?:

i would of used my fuel belt it was just to hot out there, and do more stretching.
Post race
Warm down:

for my warm down, i didn't do to much at all, just walked around and ate post race food and drank alot of water

What limited your ability to perform faster:

my knee limited my ability to perform faster and also my attitude also, on my 2nd mile i was really down about trying to finish b/c the knee was acting up alittle.

Event comments:

very organized race and the voluteers were great, there weas alot of support through out the race course, alot of neighbors watching us from thier front lawns, even had someone with a hose out there spraying us down. totally took advantage of that.

Last updated: 2006-07-04 12:00 AM
Running
00:26:23 | 03.1 miles | 08m 31s  min/mile
Age Group: 19/41
Overall: 207/368
Performance: Average
Course: it was a downshill start, but the rest of the course was mostly flat
Keeping cool Average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2006-07-04 7:52 PM

User image

Veteran
South Jersey
Subject: Haddon Heights Firecracker 5K

2006-07-05 9:52 AM
in reply to: #473684

User image

Veteran
San mateo
Subject: RE: Haddon Heights Firecracker 5K
Don't worry about your attitude.  You were careful, that's it. And it's a good thing because once the knee really starts up it takes a few days of rest (at least for me) for it to stop hurting.  You did good.  I wanted to do this race this year but oh well....next year? I loved the hose too and Haddon Heights is such a cute town too
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Haddon Heights Firecracker 5K Rss Feed