General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bikes & Drinks with Ironman World Champion Mirinda Carfrae March 22nd Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-03-08 3:44 PM

Subject: Bikes & Drinks with Ironman World Champion Mirinda Carfrae March 22nd

http://action.worldbicyclerelief.org/page/outreach/view/individual/BostonWelcomesMirandaCarfrae

March 22, 6:00 8:00pm
appetizers   |   beer   |   coffee 
presented by Landry's BicyclesSun Multisport Events and Ethos
Join Mirinda to learn about her involvement with World Bicycle Relief and the experience of being a top professional triathlete. 

Suggested minimum donation $15
Pay at the door or contribute now >>

Event Location:
Barrington Coffee Roasting Company
346 Congress Street
Fort Point, Boston, MA

World Bicycle Relief is a nonprofit organization transforming individuals and communities through the Power of Bicycles. Since 2005, thanks to support from individuals like you, World Bicycle Relief has provided over 115,000 specially designed, locally assembled, rugged bicycles to students, healthcare workers and entrepreneurs and trained over 800 field mechanics.  Learn more >

World Bicycle Relief is a registered 501(c)3. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.

2013-03-08 5:48 PM
in reply to: #4652537

User image

Beantown
Subject: RE: Bikes & Drinks with Ironman World Champion Mirinda Carfrae March 22nd

I'm SO excited, and I'm registered.

I'm doing my last long training run for Boston with my team Saturday morning and don't think I'll be done, showered, and fed before her 1:30 keynote at the expo. This will be awesome to get up close!

See you there!

2013-03-09 9:57 AM
in reply to: #4652537

Subject: RE: Bikes & Drinks with Ironman World Champion Mirinda Carfrae March 22nd

Great. WBR does a lot for women. Giving a young woman a bicycle allows her to get to school in much less time than walking. A bicycle allows this woman to stay in school rather than drop out to work on the farm because of the time saved compared to walking.

Pretty amazing how they can provide such a simple and powerful solution.  Hoping to raise enough to buy seven bicycles.

http://action.worldbicyclerelief.org/page/outreach/view/individual/BostonWelcomesMirandaCarfrae

See you there,
Mark

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bikes & Drinks with Ironman World Champion Mirinda Carfrae March 22nd Rss Feed