General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New Annapolis Tri Club event "TRI FOR THE ENVIRONMENT" Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-03-13 12:58 PM

Subject: New Annapolis Tri Club event "TRI FOR THE ENVIRONMENT"
I see the ATC is putting on a Sprint tri on June 30th. Since TRI ROCK ANNAPOLIS date is up in the air, this looks like it fits perfectly into my schedule, is very close to home and seems to have a nice flat bike course. Anyone else done this race before?

2013-06-25 2:28 PM
in reply to: #4658352

Subject: RE: New Annapolis Tri Club event "TRI FOR THE ENVIRONMENT"
Got some race info about the bike course today... " This section has 3 SPEED BUMPS we were not able to remove - BE CAREFUL - DO NOT TAKE THEM AT SPEED. There will be Volunteers and cones to warn of their approach. At the end of this section is a 30 yard section of crushed gravel near the construction area. You are encouaged to walk your bike through this area but you may choose to ride cautiously. Repeat the loop then turn left back to TRANSITION."

Should I consider bringing my mountain bike to this? 2 loops each with speed bumps and gravel sounds a bit crazy!
2013-06-27 8:49 AM
in reply to: rrr8400

User image

New user

I took a ride down the SERC yesterday. The roads inside the Center are pretty rustic. I've decided to spare my road bike and use my hybrid. Given that it sounds more like a bike ride than a bike race, a mountain bike might not be a bad idea.
2013-07-01 1:35 PM
in reply to: katarama

User image

Master
Crab Cake City
Did this race happen? Was it an official race or an unofficial tri club race? Just curious as Annapolis has a history of having issues with triathlons in the town.
2013-07-02 8:44 AM
in reply to: dmbfan4life20

User image

New user

Yes, it did. The ATC and partners did an awesome job. The race was really well organized and the volunteers were great. It was a nice event (but the run course is a tough mostly trail run.)
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New Annapolis Tri Club event "TRI FOR THE ENVIRONMENT" Rss Feed