Team Ortho
22F / -6C
Sunny
Total Time = 30m 59s
Overall Rank = 76/9797
Age Group = 30-39
Age Group Rank = 30/1049
Event warmup:

Light Jog for 3/4 mile, dance around to stay warm.
Run
  • 30m 59s
  • 4.35 miles
  • 07m 07s  min/mile
Comments:

Overall an OK day, missed my goal time of sub 30:00. I started out on track, but I think the ice on the course made me a little more cautious. I slipped and slid around a couple of corners at about the ¾ mile and the cobbles going on to the Stone Arch bridge were very slippery. It was very similar to when I fell and spiraled my tib/fib from a running condition standpoint, which made me a little uneasy. The rest of the course was very slippery as well. Stride length didn’t feel normal, the strike portion of the stride fell ok, but the push off kept sliding which impacted pace. Searched and searched for dry pavement or at least ice with sand on it and it helped. It was definitively slower than some of my training runs lately, goal time was sub 6:45s which I have been training at. I thought there was an outside shot of 6:30s. Given the conditions, I am pretty happy with the results.

Total time: 31:03
1st Mile – 6:45
2nd Mile - 7:12
3rd Mile – 7:11
4th Mile – 7:07

What would you do differently?:

Probably were a pair of Yak Trax.
Post race
Warm down:

Light jog for about 3/4 of a mile.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Course conditions were trecherous at best, although there wasn't much the organizaers could do. most of the course was salted and sanded, it was jsut a little to cold for it to be effective.

Event comments:

Overall a pretty good day. Feeling pretty good about where I am at early in the season given a heavy swim focus over the several months. Most running has been donw inside over the last several months on the treadmill, need to focus on some speed as the transition to running outside begins over the enxt several months. I still have a lto of room to drop per mile time on the run.

Last updated: 2013-03-16 12:00 AM
Running
00:30:59 | 04.35 miles | 07m 07s  min/mile
Age Group: 76/1049
Overall: 30/9797
Performance: Average
Course: A giant circle starting near the Depot downtown across the Stone Arch Bridge up St. Anthony across Boom Island Bridge and back. Very icy course due to the previous day rain and overnight snow.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2013-03-16 12:26 PM

User image

New user

Subject: Get Lucky 7K

2013-03-16 12:36 PM
in reply to: #4662428

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Get Lucky 7K
It was VERY slippery, just one of those days when you have to say "No PR today."   Also, not sure if this was a problem by you, but the course was awfully crowded so it was hard to get a good line, aim for the better footing, etc.  It's a tough course on a tough day - Great job!
2013-03-18 11:51 AM
in reply to: #4662428

User image

Expert
Western WI
Subject: RE: Get Lucky 7K

Yep, I agree, slippery conditions aren't condusive to a PR - but VERY well done considering the conditions!!  You are a speedster!  Nice work - you'll for sure get into those 6:30s next time!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Get Lucky 7K Rss Feed