General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone doing the Harpoon b2b ride in June? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-03-18 9:24 PM

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas
Subject: Anyone doing the Harpoon b2b ride in June?

Found out I got in today.  Excited (148 miles for a beer seems reasonable), but realizing that I have to now think about more than running with the occasional swim and bike thrown in for good measure.  Probably a good impetus to get a plan together for the whole season, as this was the last piece of major uncertainty in the schedule (still on the waitlist for Cohasset, but that's not likely to change).

Anyone else get in/riding this year?  It's a new organizer, but I haven't ridden it before so I won't be looking for differences…  I know a lot of my roadie friends no longer ride it (they didn't like having $50 of their registration go to team Psycho - which is like an added benefit to me!), but I'm psyched (no pun intended) to do it.

Curious if I'll see any other BTers out and about.

Best,
Matt

2013-03-19 3:22 PM
in reply to: #4665378

User image

Regular
lowell
Subject: RE: Anyone doing the Harpoon b2b ride in June?

I've done the b2b 4 or 5 times, it's an awesome ride. Really looking forward to seeing how a 'real' events company is going to change things (if at all)

Best advice I can offer is to head for the hills! The "leviathan" at mile 100 is a beast.

Try to get into a group, having that wheel to hold onto while recovering is a HUGE help and so is mindless chatter along the way.

This year i'm concentrating on not stopping for as long as I have in the past, the rest stops add up (I spend almost an hour and a half stopped/waiting for people)

2013-03-19 3:22 PM
in reply to: #4665378

User image

Regular
lowell
Subject: RE: Anyone doing the Harpoon b2b ride in June?

I've done the b2b 4 or 5 times, it's an awesome ride. Really looking forward to seeing how a 'real' events company is going to change things (if at all)

Best advice I can offer is to head for the hills! The "leviathan" at mile 100 is a beast.

Try to get into a group, having that wheel to hold onto while recovering is a HUGE help and so is mindless chatter along the way.

This year i'm concentrating on not stopping for as long as I have in the past, the rest stops add up (I spend almost an hour and a half stopped/waiting for people)

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone doing the Harpoon b2b ride in June? Rss Feed