General Discussion Race Reports! » Rock 'n' Roll Dallas Half Marathon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Rock 'n' Roll Dallas Half Marathon - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Dallas, Texas
United States
Competitor Group
40F / 4C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 36m 32s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = M40-44
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

The shuttles from Fair Park to the race start worked very well, a bit too well as I got downtown very early. It was very cold and windy so I camped out in the lobby of the Omni hotel (with hundreds of others) to stay warm until the start.
Event warmup:

Just stretching.
Run
  • 1h 36m 32s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 07m 22s  min/mile
Comments:

I used this for June HIM training and wasn't quite ready for 13.1, but the run went well. The corral system is great. The wind wasn't as much of a factor as feared, as it was often blocked by the downtown buildings and was a tailwind for much of the last 2/3 of the run.
Post race
Warm down:

As soon as I stopped running I got very cold due to the 25mph winds, so I just grabbed my gear bag and headed home.

Event comments:

It's really a well organized event - instructions, shuttle, gear check, corrals, support, etc. My only issue is the relatively steep price for a half marathon. I'd do it again but need to register early enough to get a lower price.

Last updated: 2013-03-12 12:00 AM
Running
01:36:32 | 13.1 miles | 07m 22s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: I really liked the course, running through downtown Dallas, the nice uptown neighborhoods, the M streets and then through Lakewood to Fair Park. The road surfaces were mostly nice, with lots of people and support along the course. It's mostly flat, with some gradual elevation gain over the first 7 miles, then a gradual downhill to the finish. My Garmin showed 13.26 miles, so I must have run a bit crooked.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes