Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Run
  • 2h 26m 40s
  • 13.83 miles
  • 10m 36s  min/mile
Comments:

Kal-Haven Trail Run: 03.25.13

I will start by saying that this is one of my favorite races of the year. The trail is amazing, packed, clear and mostly down hill or flat. In the past four years we have experienced a wide range of temperatures. This run was pretty cold. Starting temp was around 30 degrees and maybe made it up to 35 or so during the run. The team this year was Tamy, Mary, Michelle, Sarah and myself. Sarah and I were hoping to get at least a half marathon in so we could count it towards our 13 half marathons in 2013. We decided that we were going to do legs 2 + 3, which were 5.7 and 8 miles respectively. The trail was awful footing. Very ice and crunchy. Of all the years we have run the path had always been clear. Some parts were very ice and other areas were much more snowy. Tamy ran with us for the first 5.7 miles and it did not feel good. I hadn’t run more than 9 miles since the February 5k goal (run a 5k every day for the month of February) and I could tell. We did chat a bit which is more than I usually do. I’m a very quiet runner. Lots of head nodding and grunting in response to questions. But we took it mile by mile and made pretty good time. At the 5.7 mark we met up with Mary and Michelle and grabbed some water and snickers. Then it was time for Sarah and I to continue to or another 8 miles. AND...we were not excited! We ran for the first couple of miles and finally decided that we needed to come up with a mind game to get us through the last 5 miles. So we decided to run .9 miles and then walk .1 miles. The walks seemed really short and the runs seemed really long. But we made it and in relatively good time. 2:18:00 for 13.1 and 2:26:40 for 13.83.
Post race

Last updated: 2012-10-15 12:00 AM
Running
02:26:40 | 13.83 miles | 10m 36s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: