General Discussion Race Reports! » Bendigo Triathlon Club 2012-13 Villawood Properties Summer Series Race 7 (Club Championships) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Bendigo Triathlon Club 2012-13 Villawood Properties Summer Series Race 7 (Club Championships) - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Bendigo, Victoria
Australia
Bendigo Triathlon Club
26C / 79F
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 50m 44s
Overall Rank = 39/39
Age Group = 45-49
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Organised my gear the night before and got up at 6am. Couple of bananas for breakfast, can't eat too much or I feel sick. Hydrated till 7am. Got there early to register and set up transition.
Event warmup:

Light stretch.
Swim
  • 15m 21s
  • 500 meters
  • 03m 04s / 100 meters
Comments:

Struggled on the swim today. Couldn't relax my breathing or get into a smooth rhythm and I tired easily.
What would you do differently?:

Did not do a lot of pool time leading up to this event. The distance isn't a problem it is the intensity, so I need to train more intervals at higher intensity.
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

Transition was okay, though I lost where I put my bike which cost me valuable seconds. Socks on, bike shoes on, sunglasses on, helmet on, unracked and ran to mounting line.

Pay more attention as to which row I racked my bike in!
Bike
  • 57m 44s
  • 18.75 kms
  • 19.49 km/hr
Comments:

On the first couple of laps I tried to take in water but vomitted it back up again. By lap 3 my stomach had settled and I took a limited amount of water on. Rode the hills better than last race, stayed seated in a bigger gear for longer to keep the momentum going. Tried to make up time on the downhills.

I think I swallowed some pool water on the swim which made me a bit sick, so obviously will avoid doing that next time. Considering I haven't been able to do much bike work this month because of a painful cyst I am actually not too disappointed at the ride. Even so I need to do a lot more hill work before next season.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

Good transition. Bike racked, helmet off, shoes off, runners on, cap on whilst running.

Pretty happy with this transition.
Run
  • 37m 39s
  • 5.3 kms
  • 07m 06s  min/km
Comments:

Good run. Took me the first couple of laps to find my legs and get into a good rhythm. Gave the last lap everything I had, happy with the run.

Do more bricks to get used to running faster off the bike.
Post race
Warm down:

Light stretch.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Fitness. I managed to PR today over last year's time but not by much. I didn't have the best lead up to this race, dealing with achilles issues and a painful cyst. Thankfully both are now healed and I'm looking forward to getting stuck into more training over winter.

Event comments:

This is my fourth triathlon and was at my club. All of the members and officials are friendly and supportive. I couldn't ask for a better experience when I race with them as they always encourage me.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2013-02-10 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:15:21 | 500 meters | 03m 04s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/39
Performance: Average
Suit: Non wetsuit swim
Course: 10 laps of 50m indoor Olympic pool. Swim time includes run up to transition.
Start type: Inside Pool Plus:
Water temp: 22C / 72F Current:
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Average Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
00:57:44 | 18.75 kms | 19.49 km/hr
Wind: None
Course: 3.75 km loop, Simpsons Road, McClelland Drive, Sailors Gully Rd, Simpsons Road. Two hills, one steep, one long. Bike time includes both transitions.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Average Hills: Average
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Average
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:37:39 | 05.3 kms | 07m 06s  min/km
Performance: Good
Course: 5 laps around Lake Neangar. Flat terrain.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2013-04-03 2:02 AM

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria
Subject: Bendigo Triathlon Club 2012-13 Villawood Properties Summer Series Race 7 (Club Championships)
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Bendigo Triathlon Club 2012-13 Villawood Properties Summer Series Race 7 (Club Championships) Rss Feed