BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Mutant Manatee Mentors 4--CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 100

2013-05-04 2:08 PM
in reply to: #4727119

User image

Seattle
Subject: RE: Mad Mutant Manatee Mentors 4--CLOSED
Richardsdrr - 2013-05-04 10:05 AM

Hi everyone. Haven't been on in a while, for various reasons. Am getting quite nervous about my first tri, which is fast approaching. Only 2 weeks to goSurprised!!!

I haven't done any fitness for 2 weeks, and have just started running again. Taking it easy over the next 2 weeks to ease myself back in without doing any damage. I had the 2 week hiatus from fitness due to doing an impromptu drunken marathon (see my log for the 20th of April to get what I mean) and since then have been super busy decorating the house, planting the fruit and veg, and other famly stuff.

I've been keeping up with the group on a daily basis, but for some reason I find it difficult to find something to post about. I have days/weeks like that, where I become  introverted and can become quite depressed. Might be to do with the lack of endo's from no exercise Undecided.

I have noticed the other thread started, and will be popping in soon if that's okay.

Happy  Birthday TJ (was it yesterday or today?) and good luck to all the racers out there this weekend.

Dude, I think you misunderstood the pre race hydration. It's more like 1-2 beers or whatever it takes to manage a straight(ish) line. Also, if you are going to wear skinny jeans you had better have a layer of lube underneath. You should do some easy recovery runs and get out of that funk

2013-05-04 2:11 PM
in reply to: #4727125

User image

Seattle
Richardsdrr - 2013-05-04 10:17 AM

P.S. Where's Chad, Jonathon AK and Froggy? Jonathon should be starting his road trip pretty soon shouldn't he?

On another note, I thought I'd share a little "blonde moment" I had whilst decorating to give you a chuckle.

You probably have paint in the states that is similar to the paint we have in the UK. There is a white paint that you can buy that is pink when it is wet, but turns white when it dries (so that you can see where you have painted already). So, I started painting the living room ceiling with an old  tub of this paint that was in the shed. Spent a good few hours cutting in all around the coving and ceiling roses. Only to find out that when the paint dried, I had actually painted using pink paint. Turned out it was just pink paint in an old pot. Took another 4 coats to stop the pink from showing through Yell    #barbaracartlandthemedlivingroom

oh boy!!! Well, you can play it off as cutting edge use of color and getting in touch with your femine side. I have no idea how you can say you haven't had much to post. You are 2 for 2 in my book!
2013-05-04 6:14 PM
in reply to: #4686654

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.
Whilst I'm in the mood for sharing, I'll post one of my MANY embarrassing stories seems you lot have posted some of yours a while back. <\p>When I was 7/8 I was going on a hiking trip with my school. My 1st trip away from my parents, so was mega excited. We had a family trip to my Nans home on a weekend that was close to the time I was going away. I had previously been squirrelling away any bits of "kit" I thought would be useful for the trip (bits of string, penknife etc) in my growing excitement. Well, when at my Nans house, there would be all manner of brilliant stuff, and loads of cupboards, drawers and boxes to burrow through on my hunt I found these great things that I hadn't seen before, which would offer great comfort on long hikes, which surely would protect me from blisters etc. so, donning the new items tucked into the heels of my shoes, I proceeded to go into the main room in the house, which at the time was occupied by 10-15 members of my family (aunts,uncles etc) and show off my great new discovery and see if I could have them. Well, the entire room went into fits of hysterics. My mother went a deep crimson colour, and my dad immediately rushed toward me and took me into the kitchen. It turned out that I was sporting 2 of my Nans sanitary towels shoved into my reebok pumps. And these weren't the slim line type pads that are a few mil thick you see today. Nope, these were the olde worlde 3 inch thick mahoosive hammocks that looked more akin to a military field dressing. Even today, every get together, this ALWAYS gets dragged up. Cringing just thinking about it. Thought it might be better posting it here than on the new thread. Don't wanna scare any wannabies away
2013-05-04 8:22 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Darren good to see you back. Don't feel too bad about having some down time, we all need it every now and then.

thanks for sharing your stories they have brightened ,y day.

2013-05-04 8:28 PM
in reply to: #4727468

User image

Master
Orlando
Richardsdrr - 2013-05-04 6:14 PMWhilst I'm in the mood for sharing, I'll post one of my MANY embarrassing stories seems you lot have posted some of yours a while back. <\p>When I was 7/8 I was going on a hiking trip with my school. My 1st trip away from my parents, so was mega excited. We had a family trip to my Nans home on a weekend that was close to the time I was going away. I had previously been squirrelling away any bits of "kit" I thought would be useful for the trip (bits of string, penknife etc) in my growing excitement. Well, when at my Nans house, there would be all manner of brilliant stuff, and loads of cupboards, drawers and boxes to burrow through on my hunt I found these great things that I hadn't seen before, which would offer great comfort on long hikes, which surely would protect me from blisters etc. so, donning the new items tucked into the heels of my shoes, I proceeded to go into the main room in the house, which at the time was occupied by 10-15 members of my family (aunts,uncles etc) and show off my great new discovery and see if I could have them. Well, the entire room went into fits of hysterics. My mother went a deep crimson colour, and my dad immediately rushed toward me and took me into the kitchen. It turned out that I was sporting 2 of my Nans sanitary towels shoved into my reebok pumps. And these weren't the slim line type pads that are a few mil thick you see today. Nope, these were the olde worlde 3 inch thick mahoosive hammocks that looked more akin to a military field dressing. Even today, every get together, this ALWAYS gets dragged up. Cringing just thinking about it. Thought it might be better posting it here than on the new thread. Don't wanna scare any wannabies away
Now that's funny!
2013-05-04 8:35 PM

User image

Veteran
Dayton

2013-05-04 9:23 PM

User image

Seattle
Richardsdrr - 2013-05-04 6:14 PMWhilst I'm in the mood for sharing, I'll post one of my MANY embarrassing stories seems you lot have posted some of yours a while back. <\p>When I was 7/8 I was going on a hiking trip with my school. My 1st trip away from my parents, so was mega excited. We had a family trip to my Nans home on a weekend that was close to the time I was going away. I had previously been squirrelling away any bits of "kit" I thought would be useful for the trip (bits of string, penknife etc) in my growing excitement. Well, when at my Nans house, there would be all manner of brilliant stuff, and loads of cupboards, drawers and boxes to burrow through on my hunt I found these great things that I hadn't seen before, which would offer great comfort on long hikes, which surely would protect me from blisters etc. so, donning the new items tucked into the heels of my shoes, I proceeded to go into the main room in the house, which at the time was occupied by 10-15 members of my family (aunts,uncles etc) and show off my great new discovery and see if I could have them. Well, the entire room went into fits of hysterics. My mother went a deep crimson colour, and my dad immediately rushed toward me and took me into the kitchen. It turned out that I was sporting 2 of my Nans sanitary towels shoved into my reebok pumps. And these weren't the slim line type pads that are a few mil thick you see today. Nope, these were the olde worlde 3 inch thick mahoosive hammocks that looked more akin to a military field dressing. Even today, every get together, this ALWAYS gets dragged up. Cringing just thinking about it. Thought it might be better posting it here than on the new thread. Don't wanna scare any wannabies away
ahhhhh hahahahaha!!!!!
2013-05-04 9:30 PM
in reply to: #4727614

User image

Master

Asalzwed - 2013-05-04 7:23 PM
Richardsdrr - 2013-05-04 6:14 PMWhilst I'm in the mood for sharing, I'll post one of my MANY embarrassing stories seems you lot have posted some of yours a while back. When I was 7/8 I was going on a hiking trip with my school. My 1st trip away from my parents, so was mega excited. We had a family trip to my Nans home on a weekend that was close to the time I was going away. I had previously been squirrelling away any bits of "kit" I thought would be useful for the trip (bits of string, penknife etc) in my growing excitement. Well, when at my Nans house, there would be all manner of brilliant stuff, and loads of cupboards, drawers and boxes to burrow through on my hunt I found these great things that I hadn't seen before, which would offer great comfort on long hikes, which surely would protect me from blisters etc. so, donning the new items tucked into the heels of my shoes, I proceeded to go into the main room in the house, which at the time was occupied by 10-15 members of my family (aunts,uncles etc) and show off my great new discovery and see if I could have them. Well, the entire room went into fits of hysterics. My mother went a deep crimson colour, and my dad immediately rushed toward me and took me into the kitchen. It turned out that I was sporting 2 of my Nans sanitary towels shoved into my reebok pumps. And these weren't the slim line type pads that are a few mil thick you see today. Nope, these were the olde worlde 3 inch thick mahoosive hammocks that looked more akin to a military field dressing. Even today, every get together, this ALWAYS gets dragged up. Cringing just thinking about it. Thought it might be better posting it here than on the new thread. Don't wanna scare any wannabies away
ahhhhh hahahahaha!!!!!

Bahahahahahaha.  Oooh, almost as good as Salty's hockey mask story!  A kid I used to babysit did this, but with a tampon.  Came out of the bathroom swinging it by the string, into a roomful of his mom's guests. 

2013-05-04 10:39 PM

User image

Melon Presser
And on that sanitary swingin' note (I am much cheered too), let's migrate over to the new thread. I think the four new ones we've got are pretty sharp and don't scare too easily ... I'll wait for one more and then close the pod to non-pop-tart-offering wannabe Manatees.
2013-05-05 10:37 PM
in reply to: #4727119

User image

Elite
Richardsdrr - 2013-05-05 3:05 AM

Hi everyone. Haven't been on in a while, for various reasons. Am getting quite nervous about my first tri, which is fast approaching. Only 2 weeks to goSurprised!!!

I haven't done any fitness for 2 weeks, and have just started running again. Taking it easy over the next 2 weeks to ease myself back in without doing any damage. I had the 2 week hiatus from fitness due to doing an impromptu drunken marathon (see my log for the 20th of April to get what I mean) and since then have been super busy decorating the house, planting the fruit and veg, and other famly stuff.

I've been keeping up with the group on a daily basis, but for some reason I find it difficult to find something to post about. I have days/weeks like that, where I become  introverted and can become quite depressed. Might be to do with the lack of endo's from no exercise Undecided.

I have noticed the other thread started, and will be popping in soon if that's okay.

Happy  Birthday TJ (was it yesterday or today?) and good luck to all the racers out there this weekend.

You're in the right group - me too!

2013-05-05 10:38 PM
in reply to: #4727125

User image

Elite
Richardsdrr - 2013-05-05 3:17 AM

P.S. Where's Chad, Jonathon AK and Froggy? Jonathon should be starting his road trip pretty soon shouldn't he?

On another note, I thought I'd share a little "blonde moment" I had whilst decorating to give you a chuckle.

You probably have paint in the states that is similar to the paint we have in the UK. There is a white paint that you can buy that is pink when it is wet, but turns white when it dries (so that you can see where you have painted already). So, I started painting the living room ceiling with an old  tub of this paint that was in the shed. Spent a good few hours cutting in all around the coving and ceiling roses. Only to find out that when the paint dried, I had actually painted using pink paint. Turned out it was just pink paint in an old pot. Took another 4 coats to stop the pink from showing through Yell    #barbaracartlandthemedlivingroom

Chad is moving house... busy busy busy

2013-05-05 10:42 PM

User image

Elite

Richardsdrr - 2013-05-05 11:14 AM Whilst I'm in the mood for sharing, I'll post one of my MANY embarrassing stories seems you lot have posted some of yours a while back. When I was 7/8 I was going on a hiking trip with my school. My 1st trip away from my parents, so was mega excited. We had a family trip to my Nans home on a weekend that was close to the time I was going away. I had previously been squirrelling away any bits of "kit" I thought would be useful for the trip (bits of string, penknife etc) in my growing excitement. Well, when at my Nans house, there would be all manner of brilliant stuff, and loads of cupboards, drawers and boxes to burrow through on my hunt I found these great things that I hadn't seen before, which would offer great comfort on long hikes, which surely would protect me from blisters etc. so, donning the new items tucked into the heels of my shoes, I proceeded to go into the main room in the house, which at the time was occupied by 10-15 members of my family (aunts,uncles etc) and show off my great new discovery and see if I could have them. Well, the entire room went into fits of hysterics. My mother went a deep crimson colour, and my dad immediately rushed toward me and took me into the kitchen. It turned out that I was sporting 2 of my Nans sanitary towels shoved into my reebok pumps. And these weren't the slim line type pads that are a few mil thick you see today. Nope, these were the olde worlde 3 inch thick mahoosive hammocks that looked more akin to a military field dressing. Even today, every get together, this ALWAYS gets dragged up. Cringing just thinking about it. Thought it might be better posting it here than on the new thread. Don't wanna scare any wannabies away

Just priceless my friend.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Mutant Manatee Mentors 4--CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 100