Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2013-04-19 12:43 PM
in reply to: #4689865

User image

Regular
Tennessee
Subject: RE: Wheat belly

I know that IF and WHEN I can cut both wheat and dairy from my diet, the weight falls off easily and my joints don't hurt as much, and I can drop a minute or two from every mile on the run!  

Easier said than done however...I love bread...and cheese...and food...in general...

2013-04-19 1:10 PM
in reply to: #4699690

User image

Champion
New York, NY
lisac957 - 2013-04-14 2:45 PM

mndiver - 2013-04-14 12:54 PM
jmcconne - 2013-04-07 6:51 PM Just as an FYI, there are no good gluten free beers.  My wife can't eat gluten, so we've tried several.  I'm not even really sure what gluten is, but I do know it is a vital ingredient in good tasting beer.  Don't waste your money on any beer that is gluten free.
Not sure if anyone else responded to this but I will now while I'm thinking of it. I have tried almost all of the gluten free beers and had totally given up. They are horrible. But, I finally did find one that is not bad. It is called Omission. Kind of hard to find but it isn't all that bad.

I chimed in a few pages ago (with Bards, New Grist, New Planet and hard ciders as my favs). I'll have to check this one out!

I will say though, that my palatte is likely skewed. I never drank "real" beer so that probably makes a difference.

In the same vein - there's a debate on whether distilled grain liquors actually eliminate gluten particles in their processing - liquors like vodka and gin. Do you gluten free folks avoid those or notice any reactions after drinking them? I do Sometimes if I stick to the potato vodka ($) or the really high end stuff ($) I'm okay. But rum seems to be okay no matter what since it's not from grain.  

I had O-Mission last night and it is awesome and tastes like any other IPA I have had.

Have another brands amber to try tonight....will let you know if it passes muster but when I get home totally stocking O Mission!!!!

2013-04-21 8:28 PM
in reply to: #4689865

User image

Champion
New York, NY

Green's from Belgium - the gluten free Amber - outstanding....

totally cannot tell it from other Ambers I have had.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Wheat belly Rss Feed  

of 4