General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Apartments/condos for rent Richmond near nice trails Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-04-07 11:47 PM

Subject: Apartments/condos for rent Richmond near nice trails
I'm moving out to Richmond and have been having difficulties finding a decent plant to love that is safe and in a desirable location. My employment will be near Bon Secours St Mary's hospital on the west end. If anyone has any recommendations please share. Where do most triathletes train in the area? Any specific gym and any trail recommendations. Thanks!

2013-04-08 11:39 AM
in reply to: #4690771

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California
Subject: RE: Apartments/condos for rent Richmond near nice trails
I currently live about 15 - 20 minutes away from St. Mary's in the King's Crossing apartments at Patterson & Gaskins.  I regularly run on the streets in the area and the subdivisions behind my home.  For biking, I ride west from my house or go out to West Creek Parkway and ride west from there.  It's pretty safe and you'll see a lot of people biking and running out there. 
2013-04-09 11:19 AM
in reply to: #4690771

User image

Veteran
Virginia Beach, VA
Subject: RE: Apartments/condos for rent Richmond near nice trails

I am in the Forest Hill area of RIC and part of the Xterra series course is in my back yard. As for places, I have a friend that used to live off of Cary St past 195 (Near West End) and its relatively safe, close to the Hospital, but pricey... I forgot the name of the Apts though.

Where are you coming from BTW?

For training.

I step out the door and run Buttermilk trail, or Riverside Drive, which is part of the Richmond Marathon course.

Biking: Again, Riverside drive and head west or Rocketts Landing and head south, lots of room for mileage there. Also, most if not all of the bike shops have group rides of various difficulties. Endorphin, Carytown bikes, etc.

Swim: I swim at the MCV pool, not the VCU Cary St gym, but the pool by the nursing school tucked away from all the college kids.

If you have a Garmin Connect account, I can send you some training maps.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Apartments/condos for rent Richmond near nice trails Rss Feed