General Discussion Race Reports! » FH/Actavis 5K Race Series 2013 # 1 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

FH/Actavis 5K Race Series 2013 # 1 - Run5k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Hafnarfjörður,
Iceland
2C / 36F
Overcast
Total Time = 26m 51s
Overall Rank = 34/88
Age Group = F30-39
Age Group Rank = 12/28
Run
  • 26m 51s
  • 5 kms
  • 05m 22s  min/km
Comments:

I was just so excited to run this race. I was not sure about what I could do but based on yesterdays run I knew I could easily go sub 30min. Decided to run completely by feel and I did manage not to look at my Garmin once which was a good thing because I think if I would have seen the HR during the race I would have probably slowed way down! Lower stomach has been bugging me again all afternoon and of course racing did not help but I did not feel it during the run at all which was nice. Still a strong wind out and as it is an out and back course we had tailwind which was OK as it has a nasty hill in there and headwind back which was tough especially as it also started to rain about 10 minutes into the race. I started very controlled and then slowly increased the pace more and more and felt like I was flying with the tailwind. Going against the wind felt like standing still at time so I was actually very surprised to see the pace for the last 2km and that it was not as slow as I expected. I just felt that way. About 4km (I guess) I felt as if my legs were about to be done but I completely ignored that and kept pushing. I am nothing but thrilled with this time and the pace and the best thing is that nothing hurted during the run and nothing hurts now 2 hours later :) Not even a stiff hip flexor muscles like I had yesterday during the fast intervals. Of course I spent some quality time with my foam roller right after! Awesome race!!! :)
Post race

Last updated: 2013-02-28 12:00 AM
Running
00:26:51 | 05 kms | 05m 22s  min/km
Age Group: 0/28
Overall: 0/88
Performance: Good
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: