General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Joining your state forum soon! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-04-11 10:12 AM

User image

Las Vegas
Subject: Joining your state forum soon!

Hey Nevada (specifically LV) folks,

I just found out earlier this week that I'll be moving to Las Vegas in June for work.  I look forward to getting to know you and seeing you around at local races.  Time to start looking for some good training routes as I will be getting heavy and deep into my IMFL2013 training plan when I get there!

Cheers,
Dave

2013-04-11 6:52 PM
in reply to: #4696161

User image

Veteran
Henderson,NV
Subject: RE: Joining your state forum soon!
Hey Dave,

Here's an early welcome to the neighborhood !!
You're going to find that we're a pretty active town and regardless of which side of town you live on there are plenty of places to ride.
When you get settled check out the Las Vegas Tri club , good group of folks
2013-04-22 10:56 AM

User image

Master
Sin City
If you conquer the hills in Vegas, you'll have NO problems doing well on the Bike for IMFL. LOL! However, do take a lesson from someone who does a lot of hills, but raced on a flattish course - every once in awhile, get yourself out of the saddle and stretch your back, etc. It'll haunt you on the run. Do a lot of long rides where you're pedaling for a long time vs. coasting. :D (Not from me, from another Vegasian).

There's PLENTY of good riding routes around the town. If you're into group rides, there are rides every single day.

And...get used to the dry and HOT weather here. :-(

2013-05-05 4:43 PM

User image

Welcome to the Desert Dave!!

Any idea what part of town you're going to be in?

2013-05-14 9:23 AM

User image

Las Vegas

Thanks for the welcomes folks!  I'm not entirely sure where we'll plop down, but we've got our eyes on some places north and west (just an easier commute to Nellis for me).  We shall see...the housing market is certainly in the buyers favor right now, so we're bound to find something nice!  And it's nice that I've been there quite a few times for work so I'm pretty familiar with the climate...looking forward to hot and dry!

I have a feeling that I'll be pretty good on the hills down there; we're rather hilly here where I currently live.  But I do appreciate the advice about stretching out the back every so often!  Unfortunately I've been on a bit of a training hiatus due to some other training for work which resulted in a severely sprained ankle.  But my doctor cleared me for no/low impact activity yesterday, so it's back to it slow and steady.

I'll definitely look into group rides, the LVTC, and probably try to get involved with and promote the Nevada chapter of Team RWB (who I race for).

Hard to believe I'm about five weeks away!

2013-05-23 10:56 AM
in reply to: dws.trisere

User image

Looks like you'll be arriving in my favorite time of the year, nice warm summer!!

You'll have to check out the MultiGen pool in Henderson when you have time.

2013-05-23 5:14 PM
in reply to: crusevegas

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Just in time for summer!  Welcome.

What side of town are you moving to? 

2013-05-24 9:33 AM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Las Vegas
We're looking on the north side of town and out west. Generally as close to Nellis (and friends/coworkers) as possible, but avoiding some parts of the NLV area. We've also seen some houses on the south side but those might be at the bottom of the preference list.
2013-05-29 2:50 AM
in reply to: dws.trisere

User image

Regular
Las Vegas, NV
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Joining your state forum soon! Rss Feed