Overall Rank = 1024/2489
Age Group = 0-10
Age Group Rank = 39/128
Run
  • 35m 50s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 11m 34s  min/mile
Comments:

The 10 y/o girl that won this age group, had a time of 23:19!
Post race
Event comments:

I just ran this with my daughter (who was running chipped), but wanted to give a review of the race for anyone interested.

Well the big draw for this race is the all you can eat blue bell ice cream. I don't know why, but we had all pictured eating bowls of ice cream. What they actually do is put out their packaged bars. Lots of fruit bars (dairy free), crunch bars, vanilla/chocolate "great divide" bars, cookies n'cream ice cream sandwiches. They open lots of boxes on the table and the. It is a bit crazy to try and get to the front. No lines, just mob-type order! They don't check to see if you are a registered runner, so spectators or anyone can really eat away.

My daughter ran the 5k and hubby did the 10k. There are 2 good hills on the 5k, and an additional 2 on the 10k - including a nice big one right near the end. The course is on the road throughout. It was nice, but nothing beautiful. The course for the 5k was crowded and hard to navigate/pass. It was a but frustrating at times. The 10k got crowded when it merged back with the 5k, and you could see lots of frustrated fat 10kers that were getting stuck in the slower 5k traffic.

All in all, it was fun. I don't think we'll do it again since it is a 90 min drive for us and was rather crowded. But, the parking is easy and my daughter really wanted to eat all-you-can-eat ice cream!

Last updated: 2013-04-14 12:00 AM
Running
00:35:50 | 03.1 miles | 11m 34s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/128
Overall: 0/2489
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2013-04-14 4:00 PM

User image

Veteran
Austin
Subject: Blue Bell 5k

2013-04-15 6:22 AM
in reply to: #4699780

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Subject: RE: Blue Bell 5k
I had really wanted to do this one this year!  Guess it wouldn't have worked out anyways, and I pictured BOWLS of awesome Bluebell, NOT ice cream bars!  Glad you scoped it out and I'll cross it off my dream race list!  Darned good pace for your daughter!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Blue Bell 5k Rss Feed