General Discussion Race Reports! » Coporate Shield 5k - Furman University Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Coporate Shield 5k - Furman University - Run5k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Greenville, South Carolina
United States
Furman University
50F / 10C
Sunny
Total Time = 20m 54s
Overall Rank = 42/443
Age Group = 30-34M
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up a little early to make sure my normal morning routine was followed. Had my coffee, cereal, and drank my smoothie on the way to the race site.
Event warmup:

Stood around and talked with people I work with, did about a 1/2 mile jog 15 mnutes prior to race start
Run
  • 20m 54s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 06m 43s  min/mile
Comments:

I was planning on doing negative splits but did not happen. Had two goals in mind, a perfect day would have been sub 19 minutes and realistic goal was sub 20 minute. As you can tell by the overall time, neither goal was met. Started the race with a 6:26 pace and felt like I was holding back to achieve the negative split times. Legs just died on me going into mile 2. Did not specifically taper for this race because I am more concerned with the upcoming Tri season. Not sure if that had anything to do with legs feeling dead.
What would you do differently?:

Start just a little bit slower and review course elevations a little more.
Post race
Warm down:

Had a gatorade and half a bagel. Talked with friends and co-workers for a little bit then went home. Got home, changed shoes and went out for a 5.5 mile run to get distance in.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

In the middle of base training for upcoming Tri season and legs did not feel very fresh.

Last updated: 2013-04-08 12:00 AM
Running
00:20:54 | 03.11 miles | 06m 43s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 42/443
Performance: Average
Course: Course was fairly flat except for a massive short steep climb around mile 2. Hill was a lot steeper than I was expecting. The whole course though was very scenic as it is through Furman University campus and around their lake.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Below average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2013-04-15 7:40 AM

User image

Veteran
Greenville, SC
Subject: Coporate Shield 5k - Furman University
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Coporate Shield 5k - Furman University Rss Feed