General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wildflower! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-05-08 2:45 PM
in reply to: #4732512

User image

Subject: RE: Wildflower!

clydecat - 2013-05-07 9:14 PM Man the Long course was brutal! Between the heat and the wind (ok a breeze compared to sunday!) it was a very hard day. There were racers cramping all over the course. I had a bad day and finished in 7:15, but really felt bad for those still out on the course! Do hope that everyone had a safebut good weekend!

COngrats.   We drove in about 3:30-4 and saw the remnants of the LC coming over Nasty and then the deathmarch on the run.  Very glad i switched to the Oly.

Woke up to bitter cold winds and overcast skies on Sunday.  I was a bit worried about running a disc for the first time in those conditions but, in for a penny in for a pound I say!  Swim outbound leg was VERY bumpy as it was directly into the headwind.  Coming back was wicked fun since you got a little surfing in.     Temps were perfect for me, I prefer cold.   it was about 60.   First hint I got of sketchy wind was the road out of the park after the station.  A little swirling wind action.  Disc was fine, it was the HED 3 causing me issues on the front.  I just made sure to sit up if it was getting sketchy and put as much weight was I could on it to prevent it from being swept from under me! 

Overall bike was great, good learning experience in that wind. 

Run was utterly fantastic as I basically shut down all efforts there and cruised, no pressure, enjoying the volunteers, had a really good time on the run.

Now I've done all three, MTB, Oly and LC.  Next achievement would be do all three in one weekend!   

2013-05-08 3:16 PM
in reply to: #4733629

User image

Regular
Central Coast, CA

Now I've done all three, MTB, Oly and LC.  Next achievement would be do all three in one weekend

I believe this year they were giving a special award for completing both the Oly and LC.

For the sprint, conditions were near perfect on Saturday.  Water temp was around 70 so I didn't bother with my wetsuit.  The downhill trail on the mountain bike segment was fun as hell!  Getting hosed down at the aid station turn around on the run by a cute CalPoly volunteer helped me finish with a smile

2013-05-08 5:41 PM
in reply to: #4733680

User image

MOlsen - 2013-05-08 1:16 PM

Now I've done all three, MTB, Oly and LC.  Next achievement would be do all three in one weekend

I believe this year they were giving a special award for completing both the Oly and LC.

For the sprint, conditions were near perfect on Saturday.  Water temp was around 70 so I didn't bother with my wetsuit.  The downhill trail on the mountain bike segment was fun as hell!  Getting hosed down at the aid station turn around on the run by a cute CalPoly volunteer helped me finish with a smile

Yeah, people have beein signing up for years to do this informally, (enginerd here did it a few times), now they offered a special W2 (squared) entry for it.  Good marketing.  I couldn't imagine doing both though

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wildflower! Rss Feed  

of 2