General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Does Pittsburgh Tri sell out? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-04-17 5:22 AM

User image

Harare
Subject: Does Pittsburgh Tri sell out?

Hi all,

I'm figuring out my summer schedule, and might be in Pittsburgh during the Pittsburgh Triathlon. Since it's my hometown I'd love to race, but I can't commit for a few more weeks until I work some things out. Anybody know if and when the (oly) usually sells out?

Thanks!

2013-04-17 4:00 PM
in reply to: #4703533

User image

Regular
Western PA
Subject: RE: Does Pittsburgh Tri sell out?

Starting last year they split the races up over the weekend. The sprint and adventure race on Saturday and the oly on Sunday. Their website says they can take up to 1,000 each day. Last year's results shows 358 for the oly. Doesn't look like it's going to sell out.

I ran the oly two years ago and really enjoyed it.

2013-04-18 8:05 PM

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania

I don't believe it sells out.

Steel City Endurance is the official coaching provider of the event, so we'll be there with a tent, and a couple of us tentatively plan on doing the races.

If you do the race, please stop by our tent and introduce yourselves!

2013-04-19 3:39 AM

User image

Harare
Cool...thanks for the info. It's looking pretty likely that I'll be there. If so, I'll definitely stop by your tent, Don.
2013-05-01 1:25 PM

User image

Coach
Stairway to Seven
Hey guys, Don & I have set up an open facebook group for training tips and info leading up to the PIttsburgh Triathlon.

Feel free to click the link to join, and ask any questions you have. We'll use sthis page to keep everyone up to date on training events including group runs & bikes, connections to the local clubs as well as paid clinics we are offering.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/370037836435805/
2014-03-24 12:15 PM
in reply to: AdventureBear

User image

Cherry Hill, NJ
Hey guys, I know this thread is from last year, but this is technically about last years race, so I'm bumping this thread.

I was looking at the race photos from the Pittsburgh Tri and it seems that no one was wearing a wet suit of any kind. I saw a lot of speed suits, but no wetsuits. What was the water temperature? If they weren't allowed due to temperature, is that common?

It just surprises me a little bit that if they were allowed there weren't more people wearing them.

Just curious. I'm trying to figure out if this race can fit into my schedule for 2014.

Thanks

2014-05-10 6:54 PM
in reply to: kdandrea

User image

Coach
Stairway to Seven
Originally posted by kdandrea

Hey guys, I know this thread is from last year, but this is technically about last years race, so I'm bumping this thread.

I was looking at the race photos from the Pittsburgh Tri and it seems that no one was wearing a wet suit of any kind. I saw a lot of speed suits, but no wetsuits. What was the water temperature? If they weren't allowed due to temperature, is that common?

It just surprises me a little bit that if they were allowed there weren't more people wearing them.

Just curious. I'm trying to figure out if this race can fit into my schedule for 2014.

Thanks

it was wetsuit optional at the last minute (race day AM). the day before they announced water temp and no wetsuit. So a lot of folks taht might have worn them did not have them. The river temp can fluctuate quickly so there's no good way to predict. Just bring your wetsuit.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Does Pittsburgh Tri sell out? Rss Feed