Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 11

2013-05-23 3:40 PM
in reply to: julio26pt2

User image

Master
Chicago
Subject: RE: Triathlon Dating Thread Ver 3.0

Originally posted by julio26pt2 YAY! Scored a date on Monday with a girl who goes to my church. Really pretty and a total goofball who keeps me laughing. Going to grab some Gelato, hang out in a park for a little bit and then go grab a beer at this place in her neighborhood. :-)

What church is this? Maybe I should change!

Any other single guys like you who workout?

Foot in mouth

2013-05-23 3:43 PM
in reply to: miami9296

User image

Champion
Chicago

Good conversation piece for a dating thread.  We discussed as a meeting and IMO it could hurt or be any worse?

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/superman/2013/05/dating_apps_and_pheromones_better_sex_through_technology_neuroscience_and.html

2013-05-23 4:50 PM
in reply to: miami9296

User image

Veteran
Chicago (Old Town)
Originally posted by miami9296

Originally posted by julio26pt2 YAY! Scored a date on Monday with a girl who goes to my church. Really pretty and a total goofball who keeps me laughing. Going to grab some Gelato, hang out in a park for a little bit and then go grab a beer at this place in her neighborhood. :-)

What church is this? Maybe I should change!

Any other single guys like you who workout?

Foot in mouth

Uhhh... Me?
2013-05-30 11:42 AM

User image

Expert
Detroit, MI. Kinda.
Dang, this thread as gotten quiet...it can't go away - I'm nearing the 3 month mark dating crossfit chick, and I'm way overdue to do something stupid and will be needing your advice!

2013-05-30 3:38 PM
in reply to: Zero2Athlete

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2013-05-30 5:14 PM
in reply to: 0

Veteran
Chicago (Old Town)
Date on Monday with Girl from Church went pretty good. Met at a bar in her neighborhood and really hit it off. She's not much into biking or running, but is a pretty good swimmer. Maybe a triathlon relay in our future? Who knows.. Anyway, we're going out tonight for wood-fired pizza! Kind of dig her...

Also.....Lloyd, good luck avoiding the stupid, man! (I'll also try to take that advice, myself)...

Edited by julio26pt2 2013-05-30 5:15 PM

2013-06-08 12:04 AM

Washington, DC
I'm rescuing this thread from page 2!

Not much to report here... Still sort of taking a break from the online dating thing. Just can't seem to get excited about it...and life has sort of taken over around here. My 30th birthday, first tri, and work going nuts have all taken priority...

Anybody have anything new to report? :-)

Erin
2013-07-09 11:38 PM
in reply to: erfitzge

Pro
Back to the real world - finally finished my 5 months of training.. and back to the single life after 3 years. Whats life like out there? It's good, right?
2013-07-10 10:27 AM
in reply to: ratherbeswimming

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by ratherbeswimming Back to the real world - finally finished my 5 months of training.. and back to the single life after 3 years. Whats life like out there? It's good, right?

Hey Elaine - sorry to hear... 

2013-07-11 9:52 AM
in reply to: lisac957

Veteran
Chicago (Old Town)
Update: That girl from church I mentioned above fizzled as fast as it started We're both CPAs, but get 2 CPAs in a room and it's snore-city! But that's okay because I met this other girl (better girl (dare I say perfect girl?)) at church (it's a big). She's a triathlete and really "gets" this stuff. We went on a 50-mile bike ride 2 weekends ago which was neat and are doing a century together this weekend.. Been hanging out a lot and cooking dinner together, etc.. But that's not the best part. This is the best part: This morning, I finished up an open water swim about 6:50am in Lake Michigan. She rides past the beach on her way to work and shows up with home-made cookies!!! I kind of expected her to see her this morning as we knew our paths would cross. But she brings me freakin' home-made COOKIES!!! Never had anyone do something so sweet. Okay, that's tiny in the big scheme of things.. But it meant a lot and gave me super-butterflies. Wanted to share the happy.
2013-07-11 11:44 AM

Expert
San Luis Obispo, CA
Originally posted by julio26pt2

Update: That girl from church I mentioned above fizzled as fast as it started We're both CPAs, but get 2 CPAs in a room and it's snore-city! But that's okay because I met this other girl (better girl (dare I say perfect girl?)) at church (it's a big). She's a triathlete and really "gets" this stuff. We went on a 50-mile bike ride 2 weekends ago which was neat and are doing a century together this weekend.. Been hanging out a lot and cooking dinner together, etc.. But that's not the best part. This is the best part: This morning, I finished up an open water swim about 6:50am in Lake Michigan. She rides past the beach on her way to work and shows up with home-made cookies!!! I kind of expected her to see her this morning as we knew our paths would cross. But she brings me freakin' home-made COOKIES!!! Never had anyone do something so sweet. Okay, that's tiny in the big scheme of things.. But it meant a lot and gave me super-butterflies. Wanted to share the happy.

That's awesome! The little things always mean so much. Congrats!!!

2013-10-02 3:26 PM
in reply to: blbriley

Chicago, IL

Bump. Please pardon my resurrection of this thread.

Newly single (for 6 months), at 35, after a 10+ year relationship. For years my single friends have told me how hard it is to meet people in the city. Turns out they were right.

What's new, BT? Are girls still all hot for mix tapes?

2013-10-02 3:39 PM
in reply to: Brit Abroad

Expert
Scottsdale, AZ
Good bump!  I say yes to mix tapes.  I couldn't imagine jumping back into this game after 10 years!  It's fickle enough after just one year away.  
2013-10-03 6:57 AM

Expert
Detroit, MI. Kinda.
Originally posted by Brit Abroad

Newly single (for 6 months), at 35, after a 10+ year relationship. For years my single friends have told me how hard it is to meet people in the city. Turns out they were right.

Welcome! Girls aren't too hard to meet if you know where to look...just make sure you're doing social activities - A buddy of mine has a hard time meeting girls. We had the same hobbies until I realized that building robots in my man cave and woodworking in the garage weren't going to get me laid. Ever.

Join a running group. A Small gym with a social community like a crossfit gym (not really a single's club..but there are singles there and you have a built-in camaraderie and even more chances to talk than say..at a race.). Also check out meetup.com. Not a dating site, but there are groups for any activity you find interesting. I started one a few years ago for rock climbers...not only do I always have someone to climb with, I've done some dating from that pool as well and made a of ton of cool friend - which is really key. Your friends will have friends and some of them will be hot and available.
2013-10-03 9:18 AM
in reply to: Zero2Athlete

Chicago, IL
Originally posted by Zero2Athlete
Originally posted by Brit Abroad

Welcome! Girls aren't too hard to meet if you know where to look...just make sure you're doing social activities - A buddy of mine has a hard time meeting girls. We had the same hobbies until I realized that building robots in my man cave and woodworking in the garage weren't going to get me laid. Ever. Join a running group. A Small gym with a social community like a crossfit gym (not really a single's club..but there are singles there and you have a built-in camaraderie and even more chances to talk than say..at a race.). Also check out meetup.com. Not a dating site, but there are groups for any activity you find interesting. I started one a few years ago for rock climbers...not only do I always have someone to climb with, I've done some dating from that pool as well and made a of ton of cool friend - which is really key. Your friends will have friends and some of them will be hot and available.

This is something I've considered in the past. Maybe it's time.
I'm plenty social, I just think the last few months have been touch since my re-entry into singledom came in the midst of training for IMLOU, so socializing involved me and a few guy friends going biking on a Saturday morning. Not exactly YOLO calibre.

My first post was sparked by nerves I have for a date tonight with a girl I met at a bar last weekend. She's educated, early-30's, and is running the Chicago Marathon (how our convo originally kicked off). I'm optimistic, so we'll see...just hope I don't get drunk and start bitchin' about my ex Tongue out. Totally JK.

2013-10-03 9:30 AM

Saint Paul, MN
Good Luck.

2013-10-03 3:11 PM

Champion
Dallas, TX
Originally posted by julio26pt2

She is totally into you.

2014-01-19 10:25 AM

Try starting the single life again after 27 years. lol I don't even know where to begin other than I know I need goals and one of them is to do a triathlon this season and to do that I need to hit the gym which I have been hard. Hoping to meet some friends and connections on here I am already inspired by all I have seen here.
2014-01-19 10:27 AM

Great ride enjoy it! I'm riding in my 2nd one this June.
2014-09-14 8:40 PM
in reply to: Sportdad317

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania

Well, I never expected to be posting in this thread, but it looks like it needed bumped anyway.  

I'm single for the first time in 16 years.  WOW, meeting new people sure sounds different now compared to the early days of the interwebz.  Anyone want to share some advice for this new-again bachelor?

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Triathlon Dating Thread Ver 3.0 Rss Feed  

of 11