General Discussion Race Reports! » Runner's Den Classic Road Race - 10K Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Runner's Den Classic Road Race - 10K - Run10k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Phoenix, Arizona
United States
Raceplace Events
55F / 13C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 03m 21s
Overall Rank = 334/459
Age Group = Men
Age Group Rank = 201/249
Pre-race routine:

Woke up early, as usual. This was a 10K only (a relatively light distance for me), and I was only running to pace my 17 yr old daughter in her first race. Rain was in the forecast so we drove the 1.5 miles to the start from our house instead of just walking it.
Event warmup:

Some light stretching a few minutes before the start gun went off - nothing major.
Run
  • 1h 03m 21s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 10m 12s  min/mile
Comments:

A very easy pace for me - again I was only there to pace my daughter. My HR never got above a 131bpm average, and it was hard to not pick up the pace. It was fun, though, as I expended very little energy and so I was just looking around, talking, and doing all the dis-associative things I am never able to do when I am focused and racing.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing - we held a good pace for her ability and finished within a couple minutes of our target.
Post race
Warm down:

Nothing really - my diaghter placed first in her AG so we picked up her medal and went home.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Uh....pretty obvious here. I was not running at my pace, but instead helping my daughter run a good race, so I was at her speed, not mine.

Event comments:

Runner's Den puts on a good little race - lots of energy, easy parking and access to nutrition.

Last updated: 2013-01-15 12:00 AM
Running
01:03:21 | 06.21 miles | 10m 12s  min/mile
Age Group: 201/249
Overall: 249/459
Performance: Average
Course: Rectangular course heading out from PV Mall and around some of the major streets in the area before returning.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2013-04-17 1:45 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Scottsdale
Subject: Runner's Den Classic Road Race - 10K
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Runner's Den Classic Road Race - 10K Rss Feed