General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » 4th Tri in 6 years AND need help with motivation Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-04-18 9:49 AM

New user

Subject: 4th Tri in 6 years AND need help with motivation
Hello. I am a lard . In 2007 I ran the London marathon and did the London triathlon. I did a couple of other triathlons since. I did the NYC Triathlon last year. I must sounds like I must be a bit fit: however I am not. I am 237 pounds and not particularly muscular and have signed up for this years NYC Trithalon. I started training 2-3 times a week for the first couple of weeks of my schedule and now my motivation has hit rock bottom and I don't know why. I have raised money for charity for this event so I have to do it. The event is 14th July '13. That gives me less than 3 months. I am terrified. I have not even hit a pool once this year. Help!

2013-04-19 9:28 AM
in reply to: #4705360

User image

Central Coast, NSW, Australia
Subject: RE: 4th Tri in 6 years AND need help with motivation
I don't know what to say to motivate you. What motivated you in the past? Best of luck. Hope you find that spark.
2013-04-19 2:23 PM
in reply to: #4705360

New user

San Diego, CA
Subject: RE: 4th Tri in 6 years AND need help with motivation

Ask yourself the simplest of questions: Why?  Why do you want to do triathlons/marathons?  Is it for you?  Kids? Wife? Family? Sense of bad-assness? (my personal favorite

Let that be your motivator.  THink about it when you are contemplating a workout.  Put it on your desk at work.  Set it to pop up in your e-mail calendar daily.

I love the quote below because I think it ecapsulates why alot of people DON'T even try triathlon or marathons...it definitely motivates me to not try be better than someone else, but to try my best to be better than ME.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » 4th Tri in 6 years AND need help with motivation Rss Feed