Site Issues Custom Training Plan Creator » custom plan intensity questions Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-04-28 10:40 AM

Subject: custom plan intensity questions

I've created a custom program and have a few questions about how I should change the intensity of the workouts over the 8 week training plan.  I see that the program outlines days and distances of run/bike/swim but I'm not sure how and when I should modify them.

1) Running: Do I do more than 1 speed workout a week?  Should I focus on any hill work?  Do I taper at all?

2) Bike: I've read on the forums just to push hard everytime I ride.  Is this a good training plan?  How often should I try to do hills?  Are there other speed workouts on the bike?

3) Swim: I have a swim coach who's given me an outline of what each workout should look like so I

think I'm on track for that.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!

2013-04-30 8:05 AM
in reply to: #4717773

User image

Champion
Subject: RE: custom plan intensity questions

If you go Gold, you can choose an Intermediate or Advanced level plan, you will have some intensity workouts (speed, hill, tempo, LT).

AS a free member, you will get the minutes of the plan to build your own workouts in.  Typically for the run you will be doing a form workouts (strides), a tempo workout and a long-slow distance run (long run).  I find it very helpful to have one of my short runs a hilly run once per week.  For the bike, you should keep it setup the same too - don't go hard everytime, you will burnout. If you are a beginner to endurance, I would keep everything Zone 1 or 2 while you are building new volume - let your muscles, joints adapt before adding intensity workouts.

New Thread
Site Issues Custom Training Plan Creator » custom plan intensity questions Rss Feed