General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Off season or not - this is the question Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-04-29 6:16 PM

User image

Veteran
STATESBORO, GA
Subject: Off season or not - this is the question
I was curious how many of you take an off season. Not change to Tri training but a true off season. The more years I have into this sport the longer mine gets. My first ultra was in Feb and really kicked my tail. So after 2 months of minimal training and maximal family/to do list time I am gearing back up. I was about month off after my last IM. Never took time off the first few years before I went "long". I was just curious.

2013-05-05 2:20 PM
in reply to: #4719831

Subject: RE: Off season or not - this is the question

I live in Southern California which is a problem because there are races year around and no weather issues or excuses that I can come up with to have a real off season.  However, I take December off and get fat.  Not completely off.  If someone invites me out on a run I will go.  So I get in about 10-20 miles a week max.  I then enter and struggle at a local 50k in January as a wake up call.  I've done this the last 3 years and I am pretty sure I will repeat the pattern.  ha 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Off season or not - this is the question Rss Feed