Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-06-03 2:00 PM
in reply to: sungirl919

User image

Veteran
Northeast Ohio
Subject: RE: Deer Creek
This was my best race to date in my overall feeling of things. I was able to maintain 21.5 mph even with the winds. I did miss 3rd in my AG by 39 seconds. 15 minutes faster than last year, so I will take that.
Great to see all of you and hope to see you later on in the year.

2013-06-03 2:09 PM
in reply to: roywidget

User image

Elite
Cleveland

I loved the swim, enjoyed the bike (especially the tail winds!), but hated the run.  I really need to get better at running off of the bike.

Sorry to have missed you, jarvy. Maybe at another race.  It was great to see so many of the others.  You crushed it, Roy!

Overall, I'm ecstatic that I had the race this year that I thought I should have had last year.  P.R. by almost 20 minutes Cool

2013-06-05 6:46 AM
in reply to: cgregg

User image

Extreme Veteran
I thought the swim was perfect. I mostly found my own water and kept a straight line. Better than I've ever done with sighting. Could have pushed pace more.

Wind on the bike was unbearable. I was confused when I came in and found that we had to do a second loop. It was a major time suck going all the way back in to T1 and then coming back out for second loop. I did like the sweet tailwind in the middle section of the bike course I had to stand and pump up one of those hills and burned some matches there.

Run was ok for me. I'm not fond of running on grass....probably because I have sprained my ankles a million times in my life. Got pretty hot out there too.

Overall I was happy with the race. I would do it again. I signed up for Giant Eagle tri, but I just found out my kids have their swim team championship that morning, so I'm out. Coach told me to do Cleveland olympic again. Gah! Guess I'll be climbing the Shoreway in August. Redemption. Last year I had my a$$ handed to me out there. I did ok in the sprint in 2011, but the third loop on the bike killed me last year.
2013-06-05 6:46 AM
in reply to: jarvy01

User image

Extreme Veteran
Congratulations on all the PRs!!!!
2013-06-05 7:21 PM
in reply to: jarvy01

User image

Was there an even photographer?
2013-06-06 8:23 AM
in reply to: ndamm

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Originally posted by ndamm Was there an even photographer?

I don't think so.

The photos I have were taken by the wife of one of the Team RWB racers.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Deer Creek Rss Feed  

of 2