General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Fat burning pills Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-05-03 12:50 AM

Subject: Fat burning pills

Hello all, I need your suggestions about fat burning pills.  Has anyone ever tried any of the thermogenic / fat burning pills or powders that are available? I have never use it personally but I want to know about any really one who tried it and got results.

2013-05-03 8:55 AM
in reply to: #4725362

User image

Expert
Tallahassee
Subject: RE: Fat burning pills

I would save your $$$.  If you want to lose weight, watch your diet and exercise which you are since you are on this site.  Diet is so important, cut carbs etc, it is not an overnight process but a life long process.

Use the $ you save on the "pills" and buy shoes, shorts, bikes, entry fees etc.

Good Luck!

2013-05-03 9:51 AM

User image

Regular
Teaneck, New Jersey
I tried green tea extract which was supposed to help in fat burning but I saw no added benefit.
2013-05-03 10:05 AM

User image

Pro
CyFair

All the stuff that really works is illegal.  Clen, ephedra, etc.

Dial in your diet and everything else will fall in line.

2013-05-04 11:20 AM

User image

East Dubuque
I tried a couple & haven't seen much of a difference. The first few days just went to bathroom a lot. Lost weight but it was just water weight.
2013-05-08 12:45 AM

the main benefit in these stimulants is a suppressed appetite from what i have found...as well as added energy that is lost when in a caloric deficit. they are not fun though.

save the money and just drink more coffee...you'll get the same effects. when you get hungry...just have coffee instead...wait...then eat if you are still hungry.

losing weight seems like a VERY SLOW PROCESS...it's a marathon...not a sprint....once you accept that you can be more patient and not so caught up on week to week fluctuations.

I've lost 15 lbs over the past 6 months....slow...but perfect...haven't made drastic changes...still eat everything I want to eat. I also drink a lot of booze.

2013-05-08 11:05 PM
in reply to: #4725814

If you live in Canada, you can get ephedrine HCL legally.  In fact, you can get it in the USA.  Combined with caffeine and aspirin (the old ECA stack), it's probably the only truly effective "fat burner" you'll find on the market.  If there was really anything out there that was effective, a pharmaceutical would have a patent on it. (Trust me, I worked in pharma for ten years
2013-05-09 3:30 PM

User image

Pro
CyFair
For the record I believe you'll test dirty with the ECA stack in your system.
2013-05-26 9:09 AM
in reply to: Herry

User image

Pro
, New Hampshire
Be very careful with those... they're not really designed for athletes and most of weight loss will be in water, which will have a very negative effect on your ability to train and race... I bet that if you skip these and thus be able to train, you will lose more than if you take them and reduce your ability to train...
2013-06-05 8:49 AM
in reply to: audiojan

Master
Memphis, TN
The only real benefit to the "fat burner pills" is the caffeine in them. Ideally you would have a calorie deficit if you are cutting weight. In doing this, you will feel a lack of energy due to a lack of calories and the "thermogenics" give you that added energy to workout. If you need something like this just buy caffeine pills from GNC or some other online place like bodybuilding.com They are dirt cheap and perform the same function as the fat burners that are $40 a bottle.
2013-06-06 11:06 PM
in reply to: AlexViada

User image

Pro

Originally posted by AlexViada If you live in Canada, you can get ephedrine HCL legally.  In fact, you can get it in the USA.  Combined with caffeine and aspirin (the old ECA stack), it's probably the only truly effective "fat burner" you'll find on the market.  If there was really anything out there that was effective, a pharmaceutical would have a patent on it. (Trust me, I worked in pharma for ten years

Meth is effective as a weight loss substance. (trust me, I worked meth heads for ten yearsLaughing

2013-06-07 9:16 AM
in reply to: Herry

Regular
Tempe, AZ
I used Lipo-6 a few times. Like all supplements...they only SUPPLEMENT what you are doing right...so like others said..if your diet and exercise program are in check, the supplement will work. I have seen benefits from fat loss pills. I tend to use them if my discipline goes out the window during the holidays.

I did read an article though that the contents in fat burning pills can hurt your endurance and make it harder to do endurance activities. So if you try them, just know that you may notice heavier breathing during your s/b/r workouts.

Also...no simple sugars (candy bars), no carbs after 6....workout in the am if you can before breakfast. Those all work well for me when trying to cut weight.

Also...with regards to losing water weight....our muslces and fat cells are 70% water...so when you pee a lot..that is a good sign they are working.
2013-06-21 11:06 AM
in reply to: AlexViada

Originally posted by AlexViada

If you live in Canada, you can get ephedrine HCL legally.  In fact, you can get it in the USA.  Combined with caffeine and aspirin (the old ECA stack), it's probably the only truly effective "fat burner" you'll find on the market.  If there was really anything out there that was effective, a pharmaceutical would have a patent on it. (Trust me, I worked in pharma for ten years

I've done my own Eca mix and it works well. In the us btw.
2013-09-25 3:00 AM
in reply to: wuaname

Weight loss or fat burning pills must not be used as a replacement for exercise. Potential users should consult a physician first especially if using other medication.
2013-10-24 8:00 AM
in reply to: hottieme

User image

Well i think fat burning pills are not safe for health and this kind of pills have so many side effects so in my opinion it is good to avoid these pills and we should always follow a natural way of fat burning like exercise.
2013-10-29 8:37 AM
in reply to: Ricky100

I agree with everyone who's plans are more towards a natrual clean eating diet plus added exercise. I do have some nutrition guides if you want..
Unfortunately Ive tried these pills and some work but you have to add the effort for it to be effective. Ive tried Oxyelite Pro, Synadrex and some detox pills. They all worked but I didnt like the feeling it gave me, its pretty much just high on caffeine.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Fat burning pills Rss Feed