BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation Society 2 - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 70

2013-12-28 9:09 PM
in reply to: thor67

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada
Subject: RE: Beer Drinker Appreciation Society 2 - Closed
Originally posted by thor67

Originally posted by Burd
Originally posted by NeverTri'd
Originally posted by Burd
Originally posted by NeverTri'd Major disappointment yesterday. My wetsuit arrived damaged. Several tears in one leg. Going to get a refund. Now I'm stuck with trying to find another. Having a hard time finding my size. I guess the makers are phasing out 2013 and will be coming out with new models. Looking at an Orca S4 and TYR Cat 1. I'm returning a Zoot Z-force 2. Does anybody have experience with either of these or have a different recommendation? Thanks!
Check out Synergy. They have a good line with a bunch of sizes. I wore mine in my first race over the weekend and loved it. The owner of Synergy came over from Orca and was a lead designer or something. Disclaimer: They have me set up with a partial sponsorship so I am biased but I may be able to get a hefty discount code for you to use. I already emailed my contact to see what kind of deal they can offer. It should be quite large. Even at retail the entry suit which is what I have is $239. I'll keep you posted as soon as I hear back from them.
Thanks! I appreciate it!!!!!
I spoke to Jason at Synergy and all of my friends in the BDAS can use the code wssa for 40% off any Synergy or Gray items. If anyone orders please put somewhere in the notes referred by Alex Kish so they know where it came from. That brings the cost of the wetsuit to under $145. Gray makes carbon wheels and other goodies. The code will work for any of their stuff. I hope this helps you out in a sport that is so damn expensive! ETA: their site is synergysport.com. It pops up about their new sites but x that out and stay on the old page since the new ones aren't 100% yet and I couldn't figure out how to check out on them. Those new ones are less than a month old and still buggy.

Nice job Alex!

My question is how the H-E-double hockey sticks to you get all this sponsorship???

Right??!

2013-12-28 9:29 PM
in reply to: SportzVision

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada
I use to be able to s/b/r through the pain and the sickness...been hit hard this year and can't seem to find that in me anymore. Had a bad cough for four weeks...ran a few times and just when it started getting better it got worse! Been down for two days...gonna run it out tomorrow.
My wants for 2014:
I want to feel that desire to do better not just get through it
I want to feel the pain and say aaahhh I did well; this is a good soreness
I want to enjoy myself
I want to make the last year of my 40s EPIC!
I want to be fearless
I want a massage once a month
I want more socks
I want more running shoes
I want a tri bag
I want more sex
I want more muscles
I want more water
I want to travel the world
I want to be faster than last year
I want to do yoga three times a week
I want to inspire others by doing
I want a better GPA...fling flanging b average
I want more of everything! The good the bad and the ugly because I am learning that if I push through all that is bad and ugly I will have more good than imagined

2013-12-29 3:40 PM

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA
Cynthia-

That's post of the month/year worthy. Love the honesty. Those are lofty goals. What are you going to do to make it happen?

Might I recommend since your a wine consumer, maybe a bottle of Boones penalty, in the spirit of Coors Light.
2013-12-29 3:53 PM
in reply to: kevinbe

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA
Starting that wait loss journey... again. I think I've got the mind over matter thing down. I lost .7 yesterday. Today is day 2. hoping to take it a day at a time.

30 min cycle trainer/ 30 minute strength/core training tomorrow.

When does BDAS 3 go live?
2013-12-29 5:46 PM

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada
Originally posted by kevinbe

Cynthia-

That's post of the month/year worthy. Love the honesty. Those are lofty goals. What are you going to do to make it happen?

Might I recommend since your a wine consumer, maybe a bottle of Boones penalty, in the spirit of Coors Light.

Ah that is the question of the year...what am I doing to make it all happen. The trickiest of all my wants is finding the desire again. It has to be my focus and my goal, clearly defined and measurable.
2013-12-29 5:48 PM

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada
Originally posted by kevinbe

Starting that wait loss journey... again. I think I've got the mind over matter thing down. I lost .7 yesterday. Today is day 2. hoping to take it a day at a time.

30 min cycle trainer/ 30 minute strength/core training tomorrow.

When does BDAS 3 go live?

Let's shake the dust of 2013 off and make 2014 a goal reaching year. Kevin you have got this and as long as we never stop starting again we will be ok! Of course it would be best to scratch that goal off the list and make a new one...no Coors no Booney!

2013-12-30 9:52 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

Originally posted by SportzVision
Originally posted by kevinbe Starting that wait loss journey... again. I think I've got the mind over matter thing down. I lost .7 yesterday. Today is day 2. hoping to take it a day at a time. 30 min cycle trainer/ 30 minute strength/core training tomorrow. When does BDAS 3 go live?
Let's shake the dust of 2013 off and make 2014 a goal reaching year. Kevin you have got this and as long as we never stop starting again we will be ok! Of course it would be best to scratch that goal off the list and make a new one...no Coors no Booney!

Make sure you sign up for the new group...think there is a link back a page!

2013-12-30 10:32 AM
in reply to: thor67

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA
Day 3. 1.2 lbs lost so far. taking it a day at a time. Been fun resisting the cravings. hoping they'll get less as I get stronger! Had a Great swim/circuit workout at the gym this morning.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation Society 2 - Closed Rss Feed  

of 70