BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Ernesto's group (5th season) - OPEN Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 21

2013-11-27 5:28 PM
in reply to: trisuppo

User image

Expert
Guatemala
Subject: RE: Ernesto's group (5th season) - OPEN

Originally posted by trisuppo
Originally posted by sirgab

Thanks for your messages Jim and Joe and glad to see all is well!  I'm a little nervous and running around trying to wrap things up with work before I head out for Cozumel on Thursday morning.  Will let you know how it goes.  Saludos amigos!

Gabe: Good luck - sending you positive mojo for your race - looking forward to your race report!

Thanks for your message and the positive Mojo Mitch!!!  I'm getting ready to wrap things up so that I can leave tomorrow morning for Cozumel - will let you know how it goes.  My bib # is 404 just in case 

Cheers!

2013-12-01 8:31 AM
in reply to: sirgab

User image

Expert
Good Luck today Gabe. We will follow you on line.
2013-12-06 11:09 PM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Expert
Guatemala

Thanks to all for your good wishes, I was able to finish successfully Ironman Cozumel with a new PR of 11:36  It was a great race in a beautiful place and one which I had to fight till the end.  Enclosed is my race report

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=506985

How is everyone else here doing?  Any recent races anyone?

Cheers!

2013-12-07 2:50 PM

User image

Expert
Congratulations! Good race and good report. I really like the pictures.
2013-12-09 9:13 AM

User image

Master

Thanks to all for your good wishes, I was able to finish successfully Ironman Cozumel with a new PR of 11:36  It was a great race in a beautiful place and one which I had to fight till the end.  Enclosed is my race report

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=506985

How is everyone else here doing?  Any recent races anyone?

Cheers!

Great race report and I really enjoyed the pictures at the end! Glad to hear of your PR and that absent the painful last half of the run, that you had a enjoyable race.

I was sick on Thanksgiving and for the first time did not race a race I had registered for. I was due to run the Detroit Double Drumstick (10k followed by 5K). I was really pumped for this race but I think I made the wise decision. I had a terrible head cold for about 5 days and wasn't getting better. The forecast was for temps around 20F at race time. I decided a super hard 60+ minute effort with a bad cold might result in Bronchitis. Not worth it.

So, I'm almost 100% now. I took a solid week or so off and worked out on Sat (bike) and Sun (run). My pool has been under maintenance for a few weeks and has just opened again. I'm getting ready to start a winter maintenance program on the 15th. Yesterday I finally assembled by Park bike maintenance rack/clamp. This is key becuase for Chirstmas I'm getting apower meter that will need to be installed. Finally get to use my bike maintenance tools as well. I'm excited about beginning to train with power. My focus is going to be on trying to balance my training among the 3 disciplines while looking to stay healthy.

Finally, I just bought MacMillan Runnings "You, only faster" book. Seems like a good read for learning how to take a training plan built for the masses and tweak it so it fits your strengths and weaknesses.
2013-12-11 9:31 AM

User image

Expert

So, I'm almost 100% now. I took a solid week or so off and worked out on Sat (bike) and Sun (run). My pool has been under maintenance for a few weeks and has just opened again. I'm getting ready to start a winter maintenance program on the 15th. Yesterday I finally assembled by Park bike maintenance rack/clamp. This is key becuase for Chirstmas I'm getting apower meter that will need to be installed. Finally get to use my bike maintenance tools as well. I'm excited about beginning to train with power. My focus is going to be on trying to balance my training among the 3 disciplines while looking to stay healthy.

Finally, I just bought MacMillan Runnings "You, only faster" book. Seems like a good read for learning how to take a training plan built for the masses and tweak it so it fits your strengths and weaknesses.

My neighbor uses a power meter and loves it. He is more of a bike guy 1/2 roadie 1/2 mountain. He said after he started using it his speed on longer rides increased significantly.

2013-12-15 7:29 PM

User image

Expert
Somewhere in the Swamps of Philly
Hey All:

Got the all clear to run from the surgeon on Thursday. Started back following the Ohio State return to running plan - which I know would kill Mitch. Have done upwards of 20' on the treadmill - 3' run x 1' walk. Today was a good day - swim, bike and run in a day. None of them hard, but it felt good.

Gabe:

Congrats on Cozumel. I saw that swim split and nearly fainted - I knew you were a fish, but that time was loco if it was 2.4M. Glad it went well and the family enjoyed it.

Hope u guys are enjoying the holidays and staying well. Hate to lose the connections in 2014 with no mentor group - where do we go?

Stay well.

JP
2013-12-16 7:43 AM
in reply to: JoePetto

User image

Master
Originally posted by JoePetto

Hey All:

Got the all clear to run from the surgeon on Thursday. Started back following the Ohio State return to running plan - which I know would kill Mitch. Have done upwards of 20' on the treadmill - 3' run x 1' walk. Today was a good day - swim, bike and run in a day. None of them hard, but it felt good.

Gabe:

Congrats on Cozumel. I saw that swim split and nearly fainted - I knew you were a fish, but that time was loco if it was 2.4M. Glad it went well and the family enjoyed it.

Hope u guys are enjoying the holidays and staying well. Hate to lose the connections in 2014 with no mentor group - where do we go?

Stay well.

JP

Great news - glad to see you healing! What is the Ohio State return to running plan? I used Pfitzinger's stress fracture return plan in 2012. Always good to know of another plan when the need presents.

Question on 2014 and the metor group - where did Ernesto go? I know he's working out because I get the Garmin updates. I was wondering if we can keep our core group together and start another group. I was thinking if E needed a break that I would volunteer to split the duties with someone else? Thoughts? (Not trying to takeover the group - just would like to keep the connections and friendships going).
2013-12-16 9:03 PM

User image

Expert
Mitch- I was wondering the same thing. Between those of us that are left, there is enough knowledge to almost make an Ernesto. I would hate to lose the connection and I think we could pay it forward. I have to admit that the slowdown in the group has hurt my motivation. This fall has been particularly bad for me. I have the witchy wolf (15 mile night time trail run) coming up 19 Jan, and I will miss a week at the end of December. I am going to Pasadena with my daughter for The Rose Bowl.
Anyways, I am game for a mentor group. Looking at some of the other groups, a lot of the mentor's have similar or less experience.
2013-12-21 6:14 AM

User image

Expert
Mitch:

I'd be in as well. Need some real motivation here

Lee
2013-12-21 2:26 PM

User image

Expert
Guatemala

Hola amigos, sorry for the late response but just got back from a trip with the family to Disneyworld.

Joe, I'm not that great of a swimmer and due to intense conditions for the swim the days before, they unfortunately decided to shorten the swim course by 700m from 3.8km to 3.1km.  I estimate we got around a 20 min free credit because of that, however we paid for it during the 3 loop bike course due to intense headwinds on the eastern side of the island.

I second Mitch, Joe and Jim's comments about the desire to continue with our group and pitch in to support the workload in case we could get Ernesto interested again to lead us.  I really missed the challenges and constant flux of valuable information from all of you, especially as I was training for Ironman Cozumel.

I'm right now dealing with an ITB injury as a result of IMCOZ which is not allowing me to run.

Let see if we can convince E to give the group another chance with the offer that we will all pitch in to carry the load.

Cheers 

2013-12-21 7:15 PM

User image

Master

Hola amigos, sorry for the late response but just got back from a trip with the family to Disneyworld.

Joe, I'm not that great of a swimmer and due to intense conditions for the swim the days before, they unfortunately decided to shorten the swim course by 700m from 3.8km to 3.1km.  I estimate we got around a 20 min free credit because of that, however we paid for it during the 3 loop bike course due to intense headwinds on the eastern side of the island.

I second Mitch, Joe and Jim's comments about the desire to continue with our group and pitch in to support the workload in case we could get Ernesto interested again to lead us.  I really missed the challenges and constant flux of valuable information from all of you, especially as I was training for Ironman Cozumel.

I'm right now dealing with an ITB injury as a result of IMCOZ which is not allowing me to run.

Let see if we can convince E to give the group another chance with the offer that we will all pitch in to carry the load.

Cheers 

Looks like mentor groups are starting to go active. Gabe - I assume you have E's email address. Can you reach out to him and see what he wants to do? I'm happy to create a mentor group through the application process. Just want the approval of the natives.
2013-12-23 1:01 PM

User image

Expert
I say go ahead and submit the application and lets go.
2013-12-23 4:32 PM

User image

Master
Originally posted by JBacarella

App submitted.
2013-12-23 5:33 PM

User image

Expert

App submitted.

Great! What's the name?
2013-12-23 8:30 PM

User image

Master
Name...not very original...Team Trisuppo. I can change it - give me some better names.

2013-12-24 8:53 AM

User image

Expert
Its good enough for me. I was just afraid it would have blue, yellow or wolverine in it.
2013-12-31 7:12 AM

User image

Expert
Happy New Years fellas. Ran 17 miles this week with the longest run of 5.5 miles. Hope we continue the conversation in 2014. Any word, Mitch?
2014-01-01 10:32 AM

User image

Master
Originally posted by JoePetto

Happy New Years fellas. Ran 17 miles this week with the longest run of 5.5 miles. Hope we continue the conversation in 2014. Any word, Mitch?

Happy New Year!

The new mentor thread still hasn't been made "live" yet by Ron. Still a couple ahead of me in the queue. Hoping a New Year surge in fitness will get me bumped into the live area.

I sidelined myself from swimming for a few weeks on Christmas day. Working on my bike, set to install my powermeter and pinched the pad of my pinky in the quick release lever on the bike maintenance rack. Ended up ripping off a chunk of my finger and heading to the ER at 8:00pm Dec 25th. No stitches, just a gnarly open wound on my finger. Finally got the powermeter installed yesterday evening. Looking to train today and get back into in in earnest now that the Holidays are done. Way too many late nights and way too much food over the last few weeks. Need to crack down again and move forward.
2014-01-01 10:33 AM

User image

Master

Its good enough for me. I was just afraid it would have blue, yellow or wolverine in it.

Darn, why didn't I think of that? .

Good luck today Jim!
2014-01-04 11:07 AM

User image

Expert
I just got back from Pasadena which means 0 training since last week. I had a great time with my daughter and witnessed a great Michigan State victory.

2014-01-05 10:04 PM

User image

Master
All - the new mentor group is live. Team Trisuppo I think is the name, please join and help me out!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Ernesto's group (5th season) - OPEN Rss Feed  

of 21