of 3

2013-05-24 11:26 AM
in reply to: 1_Mad_Madone

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Vacation Help Needed Please
I like the Italy angle and what do you think about a cruise? I have never been on one, but I booked a cruise for October with my mom and we're going to Italy, Croatia, Slovenia. There are a zillion options for cruises in the Mediterranean and Adriatic, all of which should have the weather you're looking for. The bonus is you get everything you want: some relaxation time, some good historical stuff, and I think the language on the boat is English You can also book day tours or not and you don't have to figure out ANYTHING.

Here's my thread about my cruise, for ideas:
http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid...

2013-05-24 4:30 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWWO7shURrI&sns=emShort video of the Ragamuffin Sailboat trip... http://youtu.be/nkFyr57iT4ICay Caulker

Edited by 1_Mad_Madone 2013-05-24 4:53 PM
2013-05-24 4:49 PM

Master
, California

The nice thing about Italy is there are lots of different things you might want to do.  Don't like one, move on to the next.  Once you're there, you can traverse most of the country by train and you don't really have to plan it much in advance.

Keep in mind a lot of Italian businesses close on Sunday and Monday.  You might want to make those your beach days and then spend the later part of the week in Venice or something like that.

2013-05-26 3:27 PM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan
Didn't read al the pages but Greece? Greek Islands? SO SO much to do and see there, although its been a LONG time since I have been there. I will say is that its a bit hard as everything is written...well...in greek. In the rest of Europe you can kind of make things out but its a totally different alphabet
2013-05-28 9:31 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
Originally posted by BikerGrrrl

I like the Italy angle and what do you think about a cruise? I have never been on one, but I booked a cruise for October with my mom and we're going to Italy, Croatia, Slovenia. There are a zillion options for cruises in the Mediterranean and Adriatic, all of which should have the weather you're looking for. The bonus is you get everything you want: some relaxation time, some good historical stuff, and I think the language on the boat is English You can also book day tours or not and you don't have to figure out ANYTHING.

Here's my thread about my cruise, for ideas:
http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid...

I did look at some smaller river cruises. The ones I was interested in there were only a couple of rooms left and they weren't the inexpensive ones. As for a larger cruise, my boyfriend will not do one. It will have to be one that is 100 persons or less.

But a cruise would be nice because we would get to see the sights and visit different places, but have the same room each night.

I'll go back and take a look at the cruise idea again.

PS- I went and looked at your link! I remember reading it!

Edited by KSH 2013-05-28 9:37 AM
2013-05-28 9:32 AM
in reply to: Socks

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
Originally posted by Socks

Didn't read al the pages but Greece? Greek Islands? SO SO much to do and see there, although its been a LONG time since I have been there. I will say is that its a bit hard as everything is written...well...in greek. In the rest of Europe you can kind of make things out but its a totally different alphabet

That was initially on the table, but after we did a day or two in Athens we would go to a couple of one of the Greek islands. My boyfriend said he was going to end up on a beach he'd rather go to Majorca, Spain. Not Greece. And with all their financial issues right now, I don't feel like going to Greece is a great idea.

2013-05-28 9:34 AM

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
Originally posted by 1_Mad_Madone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWWO7shURrI&sns=emShort video of the Ragamuffin Sailboat trip... http://youtu.be/nkFyr57iT4ICay Caulker

Those videos make me want to go on beach vacation again! I can seriously lay on a beach all day! I love it! Although my boyfriend gets very bored after maybe 30 minutes of laying in the sun, on a beach. Not his thing at all. He's fine if he can sit in a hotel room and look at the beach. Ha!

2013-05-29 2:49 PM
in reply to: KSH

New user

Benoni, Florida
Have you given thought to the Baltics? Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Estonia? That entire area definitely ticks the majority of your boxes. Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo are incredible cities to see with the surrounding countryside. I prefer the Baltics to Southern Europe (Spain, Greece, Italy). If you are into the Viking culture, then this is the region to visit.

Copenhagen is bicycle kingdom!

A river boat cruise, such as going up the Danube is also pretty interesting, they are smaller than cruise lines and offer a whole different way of travelling.

2013-05-29 8:58 PM
in reply to: cjmorton

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
Originally posted by cjmorton

Have you given thought to the Baltics? Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Estonia? That entire area definitely ticks the majority of your boxes. Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo are incredible cities to see with the surrounding countryside. I prefer the Baltics to Southern Europe (Spain, Greece, Italy). If you are into the Viking culture, then this is the region to visit.

Copenhagen is bicycle kingdom!

A river boat cruise, such as going up the Danube is also pretty interesting, they are smaller than cruise lines and offer a whole different way of travelling.

Sounds interesting! I will absolutely check it out!

I have been throwing ideas at my boyfriend. He's just now getting to really looking into Japan. THEN the other ideas will get looked at.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Vacation Help Needed Please Rss Feed  

of 3