REVOLUTION3 Triathlon
59F / 15C
Precipitation
Total Time = 2h 31m 46s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 40-44
Age Group Rank = 2/17
Pre-race routine:

Start for my wave wasn't until 8:20 so i got up and ate around 6. Had a banana around 7 while in transitions which was inside a parking garage which was AWESOME since it was pouring rain. Stayed in the garage as long as possible then walked to the swim start.
Event warmup:

Due to the rain I didn't take my bike out or do any running like I normally would of. I jogged around a little just prior to our wave start to get my HR up
Swim
  • 20m 34s
  • 1640 yards
  • 01m 15s / 100 yards
Comments:

I actually swam faster than I thought I was. First time I have swam in a river and I wasn't sure how to work with the current. It was strongest in the middle of the river but I didn't want to get too far out and then have to cut across it to get to shore. There were buoys that angled us in so I followed those and it worked well.
What would you do differently?:

Practice but the water was 59 and I wasn't planning on getting in more than once!
Transition 1
  • 05m
Comments:

This was a .3 mile run to transition and then when I got there I could not get my wetsuit off my heels. Cost me probably 1 minute. Then finally got going and was trying not to slip and dropped my bike - 10 more seconds gone.

I need to cut slits in the ankles of my wetsuit
Bike
  • 1h 18m 13s
  • 24.85 miles
  • 19.04 mile/hr
Comments:

Pouring rain. Given that I am still getting comfy with a new position on my bike and that I am conservative by nature I am happy with this ride. It was hard (some say brutal). I was very strong going up the hills and passed a lot of people. Downhill I rode the brakes especially for the sharp turns. The girl who ended up beating me caught me around mile 20. I was able to keep her in sight up to transition but i couldn't catch her.

I was off of my goal by 3 minutes but I know if conditions had been better I could have met that goal easily. I am proud of how I did.
Transition 2
  • 01m 48s
Comments:

I had a hard time running on the cement in my cleats - slippery and awkward also my hands were a little numb so I had a hard time getting my helmet unclipped. Rest went well
Run
  • 46m
  • 6.21 miles
  • 07m 32s  min/mile
Comments:

I executed this exactly as I had planned. Wanted to stay steady the first half and then if I could push the 2nd half. Ended up about even - last .3 brought the pace down a little.

I could have gone out faster. Normally I go out too fast but since I had some left from the bike ride i could have picked up a bit. However, I stuck to my plan.
Post race
Warm down:

None

What limited your ability to perform faster:

The rain which I know everyone had to cope with. I haven't raced in the rain with my bike set up and my wheels before this race. I also didn't know the course well. We had driven it but that was it.

Overall just really happy with my placing - 10th female and 2nd AG

Event comments:

I am glad I did this race because I need to do a race just to see where I am at. The results have not been turned into USAT so i do not know if I qualified for AG nationals or not. Now I want to actually got to race the ride instead of fighting to keep the tires to the ground :)

Last updated: 2013-04-30 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:20:34 | 1640 yards | 01m 15s / 100yards
Age Group: 1/17
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Suit: Yes
Course: River swim - .3 miles up stream then a 25 yard turn then downstream past start to the boat house
Start type: Deep Water Plus:
Water temp: 59F / 15C Current: Medium
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting:
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 05:00
Performance: Below average
Cap removal: Below average Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Yes Run with bike: No
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed:
Biking
01:18:13 | 24.85 miles | 19.04 mile/hr
Age Group: 2/17
Performance: Average
Wind: Little
Course: First part was on nice wide roads then went to the countryside where it was hilly, narrow and bumpy roads
Road: Rough Wet Cadence:
Turns: Below average Cornering: Below average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:48
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Below average
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:46:00 | 06.21 miles | 07m 32s  min/mile
Age Group: 2/17
Performance: Good
Course: Out and back - last .3 or so was uphill to the finish. Major puddles and mud.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes