General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Official BT Links for Kansas City Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-05-18 8:14 PM
in reply to: joncolbybohnsack

User image

Extreme Veteran
Olathe, Kansas
Subject: RE: Official BT Links for Kansas City Triathlon
I think you got that wrong.

2013-05-18 8:21 PM
in reply to: atasic

User image

Shawnee, KS
Hey I didn't have a number for my bike in the packet. Did anyone else get a bike number? All I got was a helmet number and a running number.
2013-05-18 8:34 PM
in reply to: Ranski

User image

Olathe, KS
Same here.

I got bib #3. Somehow I feel unworthy.
2013-05-19 2:12 AM

I didn't get a bike sticker either, thought that was strange. VIP package rocks, very impressed so far compared to last year...
2013-05-19 10:17 AM
in reply to: Fayded

User image

Olathe, KS
So race morning turned into honey-do morning. Worst trade ever.
2013-05-19 10:28 AM
in reply to: rageeumr

User image

Shawnee, KS
Well my first Tri is behind me-sorta Sure I didn't actually get to race, but I didn't let the experience go to waste. I took in all the the pre-race activities and got to practice setting up transition :-) The VIP turned out to be a nice thing today, having the car close to transition as well as a tent to hang out in during the rain.

Back to training - my next race being the St. Louis Tri in 6-weeks.

2013-05-19 11:02 AM

User image

Veteran
Shawnee
Well that was a huge disappointment. I can't really argue the decision although the weather looks beautiful now. This was the 2nd race I've had cancelled out 5 signed up for. I still have never raced in Kansas City! Next try:the heat and long run of Topeka Tinman.
2013-05-19 12:14 PM
in reply to: dprocket

User image

Extreme Veteran
Shawnee, KS
Disappointed they didn't wait an hour and let the storms pass. Ended up getting home and still got a nice workout in. People on Facebook are pretty pissed. Hopefully they will offer us a discount for next year.
2013-05-21 5:31 AM
in reply to: joncolbybohnsack

User image

Veteran
Just got an email about a new triath
On in Lawrence July 21. Said if you did the cancelled kc tri, you get free entry. I think it was called quicksilver. Said web page would be up June 1.

Just an fyi
2013-05-21 11:41 AM
in reply to: #4740643

User image

Veteran
Overland Park
Here is the info so far. i wasn't going to Tri this year and just do a few running events but I might have to re-consider. The RD for this event puts on great events and i was at 5150 spectating this past weekend and Clinton lake is a great location for the event. Triathletes! The 2013 Triathlon season is well under way in the Midwest! We hope that everyone's training is where they want it to be! It is with great excitement that we at SILVERBACK announce a new triathlon event coming to beautiful Lawrence Kansas on July 21st, 2013. The Lawrence Triathlon! The Lawrence Triathlon will be comprised of two distances: International and Sprint Distance and will cover the beautiful hills surrounding Clinton and Lone Star Lake. The Lawrence Triathlon will be produced by SILVERBACK. SILVERBACK has assembled one of the most experienced triathlon teams in the world...right here in Lawrence Kansas! We have produced over a thousand triathlons all over the world in every environment imaginable...yes over a 1000 triathlons! Race Direct: IRONMAN 70. Kansas USAT National Championship IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship Kansas 5150 Triathlon IRONMAN 70.3 Branson Kansas City Triathlon (2009 to 2012) and countless others... Please look for a LIVE website for the Lawrence Triathlon on June 1st, 2013. As a small token of our appreciation to the multisport community in which we feel so connected to for so long. We would like to extend the following offer to all of the REGISTERED athletes for this past weekends cancelled Kansas City Triathlon. All REGISTERED athletes for the 2013 Kansas City Triathlon will receive a FREE ENTRY into the Lawrence Triathlon. Yes, that is correct...100% FREE. No strings or marketing gimmicks...just come ready to race in Lawrence on July 21st! All we ask is that you provide some form of proof that you registered for the event. This offer extends to ALL 2013 registrants. We want to get you racing again! See you at the races! Ryan Robinson Please email any questions concerning the offer to [email protected] More details will be provided at www.lawrencetriathlon.com
2013-05-22 5:10 PM
in reply to: TriMan25

User image

Extreme Veteran
Shawnee, KS
I feel better now, We are members of the ultra elite lightning league. Weak email, especially after what Elite Cycling and RR the RD offered up.

2013-05-22 6:49 PM
in reply to: joncolby

User image

Extreme Veteran
Olathe
And if you want the exclusive inside track, it's an additional $150 for $200 in coupons and swag. Skating on thin ice. I'm torn on local events these days. Maybe all travel next year or do my own home made triathlons with my garage as transition. Too much pr, big smiles and slicked back hair for this simple kansas boy.
2013-05-22 7:20 PM
in reply to: TriJayhawkRyan

User image

Veteran
Prairie Village, Kansas
Congrats Jon on your Lightning League membership! Whatever the hell that is...
2013-05-22 8:21 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Springfield/Branson
I saw that email and thought the same thing. I don't know why they keep sending me emails because I unsubscribed from them a long time ago. I'm sure it will survive, but not at the level it once was I'm afraid. I wonder how much they paid to get that race from Silverback? Glad I went to the 5150 in Lawrence instead.

Edited by mroger82 2013-05-22 8:25 PM
2013-05-22 8:29 PM
in reply to: joncolby

User image

Extreme Veteran
I wish I were a member of a "Lightning Club." But interesting they already announced the date for next year. Or, at least they have claimed tat date. I wonder if/when 5150 will announce next year's plan?
2013-05-22 8:37 PM
in reply to: Jayhox

User image

Veteran
Prairie Village, Kansas
I've heard the 5150 series may not be around next year. WTC isn't making the money they thought they could.

2013-05-22 8:43 PM
in reply to: m.a.burghart

User image

Olathe, KS
The thing that really irked me in that email was "we made the right call." Seems a little arrogant and I see it as an indirect middle finger to everyone who was questioning them on their Facebook page. Not very good PR in my opinion. I think the right statement would have been "we made the best decision we could with the information that we had at the time" or something similar.
2013-05-23 8:55 AM
in reply to: rageeumr

User image

Veteran
Shawnee
I'm a proud member of the Lightning club too.

The response from KC was pretty weak. I'm sure it's not true, but I get the impression that there are two other race directors in the area (5150/Lawrence and Elite) that care more about the Kansas City Triathlon athletes than the KC organizers.

To my knowledge, every race offers an early registration discount. What would be so difficult about throwing out a $20 discount or something to next year's event? At least it's something. The whole Lightning club seems like something that was made up on the fly and has no tangible value. It's really a joke.

It seems the KC triathlon scene is pretty competitive with a number of events and this race director is getting circles run around him.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Official BT Links for Kansas City Triathlon Rss Feed  

of 2