Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2013-05-14 9:52 PM
in reply to: #4742706

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Subject: RE: Defending Obamacare

louamerica - 2013-05-14 7:52 PM There is only one way to solve the healthcare debate. Free healthcare for all. all the the time. If every other country can do it, we can. Canada has a free healthcare system. It costs 5-7% consumption tax to everyone, but it's free. Maybe that's what we need. A consumption tax that everyone pays and that pays for the free healthcare. But the insurance lobby would just flip out. Why can't we buy healthcare like we can buy auto, life, home insurance ? The whole health insurance fiasco is BS.

How much healthcare innovation comes out of Canada?

The US is the healthcare beacon of the world and most well to do people in Canada come to America for the important healthcare stuff. 

America could do a Canada like healthcare system, but we would have to drastically reduce our care and that will go over like a lead balloon.  You have to either have "free" healthcare (get what you pay for) or you have to have a free market system with the benefits that come with it.  You can't have it both ways.
I'd say it's analogous to wanting free HUD housing from the government, but you expect the house to be 4500 square feet with a pool in a nice suburb.

BTW, I totally agree with you on individuals purchasing healthcare like car/auto/home and I think it should be that way.  Get it out of the companies.

2013-05-14 10:07 PM
in reply to: #4742856

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
jlruhnke - 2013-05-14 9:52 PM
Aarondb4 - 2013-05-14 11:23 AM

Oh and I am sick of hearing people talk about the massive profits insurance companies make. Sorry people, but show me the proof of ridiculous salaries and huge profit margins, I sell health insurance and I can tell you the insurance companies I sell are not raking in the dough. 

http://ww3.startribune.com/projects/exec_comp/topNonCeoView.php

Here in MN, the CEO of United Health Group is the highest paid CEO in the state at $48M and two non-CEOs make about $14M each. 

CEO's are always going to make a lot of $ at a large company.  His total comp is .27% of the companies total profit of $4.1B on revenue of $102B.  So company profit is 4% of earnings and CEO total comp is .27% of that profit.  I don't see anything wrong with that personally.
BTW, his base pay is $832,692 and the vast majority of his earnings were form stock value increases.  His total comp in 2010 was $2.2M.  (ironically, I would bet money that the stock surge resulting in his increased compensation was a result of Obamacare passing)

Even if you took his entire comp and passed it to all 70M of their customers, it would result in a net reduction in annual premiums of approximately 20 cents per year.  If you went even further and took the entire $4.1B in profit and gave it to their 70M customers it would result in approximately $58 per year in decreased premiums or $4.83/mo.  So when you hear talk of the greedy insurance companies jacking up your $1000+ premium it's simply not true.

2013-05-15 9:51 AM
in reply to: #4742843

User image

Champion
New York, NY

the problem with high deductible plans is that no one does preventive care - we have tried that.

so you need to incentivize the preventive care

2013-05-15 9:55 AM
in reply to: #4742873

User image

Champion
New York, NY
tuwood - 2013-05-14 11:07 PM

Oh and I am sick of hearing people talk about the massive profits insurance companies make. Sorry people, but show me the proof of ridiculous salaries and huge profit margins, I sell health insurance and I can tell you the insurance companies I sell are not raking in the dough. 

Here in MN, the CEO of United Health Group is the highest paid CEO in the state at $48M and two non-CEOs make about $14M each. 

CEO's are always going to make a lot of $ at a large company.  His total comp is .27% of the companies total profit of $4.1B on revenue of $102B.  So company profit is 4% of earnings and CEO total comp is .27% of that profit.  I don't see anything wrong with that personally.
BTW, his base pay is $832,692 and the vast majority of his earnings were form stock value increases.  His total comp in 2010 was $2.2M.  (ironically, I would bet money that the stock surge resulting in his increased compensation was a result of Obamacare passing)

Even if you took his entire comp and passed it to all 70M of their customers, it would result in a net reduction in annual premiums of approximately 20 cents per year.  If you went even further and took the entire $4.1B in profit and gave it to their 70M customers it would result in approximately $58 per year in decreased premiums or $4.83/mo.  So when you hear talk of the greedy insurance companies jacking up your $1000+ premium it's simply not true.

sorry but things they count as "administrative overhead" are ridiculous. and the executive salaries are also outrageous.

BCBS, not having shareholders to answer to, instead will do things like internal studies - costing MILLIONS that then get thrown out or stopped before done (had a friend consulting there when I lived in Boston)

and the games they play with reimbursement that cost are unbelievable - setting computers to automatically reject claims with statements like diagnosis and procedure don't match (I had one that the diagnosis was menopause and the procedure was office visit). Took my staff HOURS on the phone to get to a human who said oh that should not have happened resubmit - which we did - again rejected.  Try 3 we got that we were filing 'beyond a timely filing limit' - happily we could prove them wrong on that but a whole lot of work to get $60 probably cost us more chasing it - and that is ONE example.

2013-05-15 10:10 AM
in reply to: #4743403

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
TriToy - 2013-05-15 9:51 AM

the problem with high deductible plans is that no one does preventive care - we have tried that.

I'm not sure what the percentages are, but I would respectfully disagree that no one does, because I'm on an HSA and have been for years.  I always do preventative care and my family does as well.
(On a complete side note, it's noticeably challenging to do preventative care.  I call the doctor and say I want a physical and they say why.  I tell them I just want to make sure everything is ok, and they ask why again.  lol)

I'm being a little facetious above if it doesn't come across because I know you're not saying that 100% of people don't do preventative care on HSA's, but I'm curious where the percentages are.  Also, my understanding with the bronze plans with ACA is that they have a deductible as well, so I'm curious if an increased percentage of preventative care will result from those plans.

2013-05-15 10:21 AM
in reply to: #4743414

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
TriToy - 2013-05-15 9:55 AM
tuwood - 2013-05-14 11:07 PM

sorry but things they count as "administrative overhead" are ridiculous. and the executive salaries are also outrageous.

BCBS, not having shareholders to answer to, instead will do things like internal studies - costing MILLIONS that then get thrown out or stopped before done (had a friend consulting there when I lived in Boston)

and the games they play with reimbursement that cost are unbelievable - setting computers to automatically reject claims with statements like diagnosis and procedure don't match (I had one that the diagnosis was menopause and the procedure was office visit). Took my staff HOURS on the phone to get to a human who said oh that should not have happened resubmit - which we did - again rejected.  Try 3 we got that we were filing 'beyond a timely filing limit' - happily we could prove them wrong on that but a whole lot of work to get $60 probably cost us more chasing it - and that is ONE example.

I don't disagree that insurance companies could use some improvements.  I've experienced the same thing you describe on the patient side where the insurance keeps kicking it back for whatever stupid reason they can think of and it's pretty obvious that they're trying to get out of paying.

I feel these kinds of things get sorted out with employee choice in insurance and increased competition across state lines.  If I'm using Verizon and my phone cuts out all the time and doesn't work I drop them and go somewhere else that works.
With insurance if I can't get a claim through or they keep jacking me around I drop them and go elsewhere with my money.  However, with employers making the provider decision, we the employee/patient lose all control and are stuck with whatever crappy insurance provider our employer decides to go with.

I know it's not a simple problem and there most certainly aren't any simple solutions.  With most topics involving the government it always boils down to the simple question; is the proposed/passed law going to fix the problem?
The ACA does attempt to fix some of the problems with healthcare, but IMHO they're trying to fix the symptoms and ignoring the problem.  Even the problem you just described could potentially get worse because they're forcing insurance companies to be more efficient now so they'll look for other ways to make that money back by jacking with providers/patients claims.  I could be wrong, but just hypothesizing.

2013-05-15 2:25 PM
in reply to: #4741420

User image

Pro

Wonderful timing, just got a letter in today's mail explaining that they were authorized an 8.6% increase in premiums for this year. I should be happy, they asked for 10%.

It was 8.2% last year, and a whopping 66% when I went from age 49 to 50 the year before that.

But I got even, I crashed my bike and had $18,000 in medical expenses.

2013-05-15 2:42 PM
in reply to: #4742709

User image

Extreme Veteran
BrianRunsPhilly - 2013-05-14 6:57 PM

2. Having spent some time in the ER and seeing that there were two people in the entire evening who actually were there for emergency treatment, it is clear that most trips to the ER could have been covered by with preventative care and access to affordable healthcare. Certainly my $10k bill was, in part, underwriting those who use the ER as a source for uninsured healthcare.

But if those doctors need to be there for you, I'm not certain it's a bad idea to fill the rest of their time up.  Why have the resources just sitting waiting for an emergency when they can fill their time with runny noses.  I bet some of the non-emergency people paid something - thus potentially they actually subsidized your need for 24 hour emergency care being available for when something bad happened.

2013-05-15 2:52 PM
in reply to: #4742856

User image

Champion
Lost in the Luminiferous Aether
jlruhnke - 2013-05-14 10:52 PM

I wonder how much your sports stars are paid a year in playing contracts and endorsements??

Why does no one ever call them evil and say they make outrageous money and that we should cap their pay?

2013-05-15 2:55 PM
in reply to: #4744141

User image

Pro
Moonrocket - 2013-05-15 3:42 PM

2. Having spent some time in the ER and seeing that there were two people in the entire evening who actually were there for emergency treatment, it is clear that most trips to the ER could have been covered by with preventative care and access to affordable healthcare. Certainly my $10k bill was, in part, underwriting those who use the ER as a source for uninsured healthcare.

But if those doctors need to be there for you, I'm not certain it's a bad idea to fill the rest of their time up.  Why have the resources just sitting waiting for an emergency when they can fill their time with runny noses.  I bet some of the non-emergency people paid something - thus potentially they actually subsidized your need for 24 hour emergency care being available for when something bad happened.

Two reasons I can think of right off the bat. First, they staff to anticipated need, so if most of that is non-critical need patients, you have additional staff that is not there just for critical care. Second is that these people are trained specifically to deal with critical care and trauma. Any GP could treat a runny nose.

And in an urban hospital, many of those patients didn't pay enough to cover expenses, which is why my bill was so high.

I'm sure there are trauma doc's on here who would be better able to respond.

2013-05-15 3:12 PM
in reply to: #4744141

User image

Veteran
St. Louis
Moonrocket - 2013-05-15 2:42 PM

I went to the ER once when my throat hurt so bad I couldn't swallow.  I knew there was something very wrong with me, but all the traige nurse knew was that I had a sore throat.  She told me we'll call you shortly. Sat for three hours waiting for them to work their way through all the other sore throats, and runny noses, and fevers, etc.  Didn't see a single car accident or gun shot wound or any other bloody mess come rushing through the doors.  I'm sure there were a few legitimate emergency cases in front of me, I'm also sure most were not.

Finally got my turn to have a doc look at me.  30 seconds later I was being rushed to the ICU where I spent a solid week (on a side note, intravenous morphine is awesome).  So yeah, I would prefer that ER doctors are sitting around and actually available for emergencies instead of filling their time with the runny noses of the uninsured.

2013-05-15 3:43 PM
in reply to: #4741920

User image

Master
Folsom (Sacramento), CA
TriToy - 2013-05-14 9:40 AM
Aarondb4 - 2013-05-14 12:38 PM
TriToy - 2013-05-14 10:34 AM
tuwood - 2013-05-14 12:06 PM

I don't think anyone denies that there aren't good things in Obamacare, but the problem is they all cost money and people have to pay for that.  There's no way to do all the things you just mentioned without increasing costs to insurance.

Lets just say Obamacare as an insurance option wasn't part of this law and they just made it law to cover all the things you mentioned.  Even with the mandated percentage of premiums going towards healthcare the costs would go through the roof on insurance.  Insurance companies make money, but my understanding is they only run something like 3% profit margins so they'd have to cut a lot of staff/expense to absorb much.

Obamacare IS the whole thing - you cannot get the rest without it.

the statistic quoted about it not being a favorable bill is misleading because if you look at the Kaiser study people DO like all the things I listed.  ONLY the mandate gets an unfavorable rating. the mandate was a GIMME to the insurance lobby.

No, the mandate is the only way they could hope to even begin paying for it.

How in your opinion is all this going to be paid for? And without the mandate forcing young healthy people to buy in at the 3 to 1 ratio how would they pay for it?

No the mandate was the insurance company saying we cannot accept all comers without it our risk pool will be skewed. And they lobbied to have the public option removed.

Medicare runs with 3-6% overhead - FAR less than private insurers  and that is without even counting the frankly disgusting salaries the CEOs make.

While Medicare does run with lower overhead, there I think you must also acknowledge the increased rate of fraud that is also has.

2013-05-15 7:12 PM
in reply to: #4744204

User image

Extreme Veteran
kevin_trapp - 2013-05-15 2:12 PM

I went to the ER once when my throat hurt so bad I couldn't swallow.  I knew there was something very wrong with me, but all the traige nurse knew was that I had a sore throat.  She told me we'll call you shortly. Sat for three hours waiting for them to work their way through all the other sore throats, and runny noses, and fevers, etc.  Didn't see a single car accident or gun shot wound or any other bloody mess come rushing through the doors.  I'm sure there were a few legitimate emergency cases in front of me, I'm also sure most were not.

Finally got my turn to have a doc look at me.  30 seconds later I was being rushed to the ICU where I spent a solid week (on a side note, intravenous morphine is awesome).  So yeah, I would prefer that ER doctors are sitting around and actually available for emergencies instead of filling their time with the runny noses of the uninsured.

Interesting - so a few questions-  What kept you from pursuing medical care prior to this (since that has to do with the whole if people had preventative care/ early intervention costs would be lower) and how much more would you be willing to pay in premiums annually to limit your ER wait to say less than 30 minutes- IE how much would you pay to have doctors under utilized so they would be ready when you came in?  (I'm and econ geek, so the whole costs part fascinates me.)

2013-05-16 4:28 AM
in reply to: #4743455

User image

Champion
New York, NY
tuwood - 2013-05-15 11:10 AM
TriToy - 2013-05-15 9:51 AM

I'm not sure what the percentages are, but I would respectfully disagree that no one does, because I'm on an HSA and have been for years.  I always do preventative care and my family does as well.
(On a complete side note, it's noticeably challenging to do preventative care.  I call the doctor and say I want a physical and they say why.  I tell them I just want to make sure everything is ok, and they ask why again.  lol)

I'm being a little facetious above if it doesn't come across because I know you're not saying that 100% of people don't do preventative care on HSA's, but I'm curious where the percentages are.  Also, my understanding with the bronze plans with ACA is that they have a deductible as well, so I'm curious if an increased percentage of preventative care will result from those plans.

already in effect - preventive care has NO cost sharing - thanks to the ACA

2013-05-16 9:25 AM
in reply to: #4744507

User image

Veteran
St. Louis
Moonrocket - 2013-05-15 7:12 PM 

Interesting - so a few questions-  What kept you from pursuing medical care prior to this (since that has to do with the whole if people had preventative care/ early intervention costs would be lower) and how much more would you be willing to pay in premiums annually to limit your ER wait to say less than 30 minutes- IE how much would you pay to have doctors under utilized so they would be ready when you came in?  (I'm and econ geek, so the whole costs part fascinates me.)

For my personal experience, there was nothing to prevent.  I boarded a plane feeling fine, by the time we landed I asked my wife to take me straight to the ER.  Something was very wrong, turns out my throat was just about swollen shut.  I don’t know why it happened (I’m not allergic to anything), just a freak thing. 

There’s two main reasons why ER’s treating non-emergency cases is a bad idea.  The economic answer is the easiest.  These patients are not going to pay their bill.  If a patient with a runny nose intended on paying their bill, they wouldn’t be at the ER in the first place.  Urgent care facilities are much cheaper than an ER, general practitioners are much cheaper than that.  But both of those places have the ability to send you away if you don’t pay up front.  (Most) ER’s can’t, they’re bound by EMTALA to screen anyone who walks through the door.  So for someone who can’t afford to have a doctor look at their runny nose and don’t mind ignoring debt collector phone calls, trips to the ER are free.

The second reason is one of practicality.  My wife’s gynecologist is perfectly capable of diagnosing and prescribing the right medication for my runny nose.  And if he has an open spot on some random afternoon, it would make financial sense for him to see me and bill me for the visit.  But if he is forced to start treating every guy with a runny nose that calls him up and my wife can’t get an appointment time to have her lady parts checked out, then he’s no longer a gynecologist.  He would be prevented from providing the service that he’s supposed to be providing. 

That’s basically what happened to me at the ER.  I ended up having a life threatening emergency, but the triage nurse didn't realize it.  When the doc finally took a look, he said my trachea was so swollen that he wasn't sure how I was able to breath.  But I wasn't gasping for breath and all the triage nurse knew was that I had a sore throat.  Didn't matter that I told her that my pain was a 10 out of 10, it was still just a sore throat.  So I got sent to the back of the line behind all the other sore throats.  It’s not about paying more to ensure that my wait time is less than 30 minutes.  It’s about ensuring that someone with a life threatening emergency gets prompt care and treatment. 

I’ll admit that I’m fairly biased and passionate about this.  Not just because of my own experience, my mother was a nurse in the ER for her entire career.  I heard a lot of stories.

2013-05-21 2:24 PM
in reply to: DanielG

User image

Pro
Well this is interesting. I just got the open enrollment notice for 2013-2014. and for my HMO the monthly contribution actually drops $16 per month. Not at all what I expected!

2013-05-21 3:27 PM
in reply to: BrianRunsPhilly

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by BrianRunsPhilly Well this is interesting. I just got the open enrollment notice for 2013-2014. and for my HMO the monthly contribution actually drops $16 per month. Not at all what I expected!

You obviously didn't read the fine print...

That's cool.  I'm sitting back and bracing for what my company gets hit with next year.  We shall see.

2013-05-21 8:58 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
2013-05-22 12:19 PM
in reply to: BrianRunsPhilly

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

Originally posted by BrianRunsPhilly Well this is interesting. I just got the open enrollment notice for 2013-2014. and for my HMO the monthly contribution actually drops $16 per month. Not at all what I expected!

Just got my open enrollment package too and my premiums are going up 4% with no change in benefits.  After all the numbers being tossed around, I'm pretty relieved to see that.  

2013-05-22 12:59 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas
Originally posted by tuwood

So, what's my solution?

• Get rid of HMO and PPO programs and regulate insurance companies to only offer high deductible health plans similar to HSA's.  For example If everyone has to pay the first $1500 (single) or $3000 (family) out of pocket with 80/20 or whatever coverage for everything above that then people won't be hitting the doctor for every sniffle they have.  Everyone also has catastrophic coverage for the bad stuff and you could even eliminate pre-existing conditions.

HSA is a tax protected spending account, not a health plan.
I have had high deductible plans and HSAs or FSAs for the past 6 or 7 years. At $300+ worth of Rxs every month, it is very expensive. Every time I pick up an Rx, the pharmacist rings me up and says "oh I must not have your insurance card, do you have it?"

I miss my PPO. These HD plans are probably great for healthy folks...

that said, i'm not sure what the solution is. the current system is fine for me only because i'm employed by a large enough company to negotiate good premiums. obamacare likely won't affect me as long as i keep working here. but there are lots who are unemployed and underemployed that need a solution and i don't think obamacare (or your proposal, tony) are that.

Edited by mehaner 2013-05-22 1:03 PM
2013-05-29 11:19 AM
in reply to: TriRSquared

User image

Champion
New York, NY
From Forbes:

"There is a moral to this story for those open to receive the message.

If you are among the many Americans who have bought into the fear and loathing that has been the campaign against Obamacare, you just might wish to reconsider. With every passing day, the various myths, legends and lies put forward by those with a political axe to grind, TV or radio rating to be raised or vote to be purchased, are falling victim to the facts.

Of course, if you continue to find it more useful to hate the Affordable Care Act than to recognize the benefit of what this program offers to you and your family, nothing I can say is likely to change your mind."

Full Article here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2013/05/24/unexpected-health-...

2013-05-30 9:16 PM

User image

Champion
SRQ, FL

Originally posted by TriToy From Forbes: "There is a moral to this story for those open to receive the message. If you are among the many Americans who have bought into the fear and loathing that has been the campaign against Obamacare, you just might wish to reconsider. With every passing day, the various myths, legends and lies put forward by those with a political axe to grind, TV or radio rating to be raised or vote to be purchased, are falling victim to the facts. Of course, if you continue to find it more useful to hate the Affordable Care Act than to recognize the benefit of what this program offers to you and your family, nothing I can say is likely to change your mind." Full Article here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2013/05/24/unexpected-health-...

Firstly, how can you take Ungar (a man who's byline is "I write from the left") as an impartial journalist on this issue?  If your argument is essentially "If you disagree with me I don't want to talk to you" then you're not exactly the most talented debater now are you?

Secondly, I'll see your Forbes article with another Forbes article.  Ungar did not compare apples to apples (see the article for details).  Individual plan rates in CA are going up double and triple digit %s.

"As California goes, so goes the nation." As an individual plan customer in FL I expect to see these same double and triple digit % increases.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/05/30/rate-shock-in-california-obamacare-to-increase-individual-insurance-premiums-by-64-146/

Edited by TriRSquared 2013-05-30 9:17 PM
2013-05-30 9:42 PM

User image

Champion
New York, NY
Originally posted by TriRSquared

Originally posted by TriToy From Forbes: "There is a moral to this story for those open to receive the message. If you are among the many Americans who have bought into the fear and loathing that has been the campaign against Obamacare, you just might wish to reconsider. With every passing day, the various myths, legends and lies put forward by those with a political axe to grind, TV or radio rating to be raised or vote to be purchased, are falling victim to the facts. Of course, if you continue to find it more useful to hate the Affordable Care Act than to recognize the benefit of what this program offers to you and your family, nothing I can say is likely to change your mind." Full Article here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2013/05/24/unexpected-health-...

Firstly, how can you take Ungar (a man who's byline is "I write from the left") as an impartial journalist on this issue?  If your argument is essentially "If you disagree with me I don't want to talk to you" then you're not exactly the most talented debater now are you?

Secondly, I'll see your Forbes article with another Forbes article.  Ungar did not compare apples to apples (see the article for details).  Individual plan rates in CA are going up double and triple digit %s.

"As California goes, so goes the nation." As an individual plan customer in FL I expect to see these same double and triple digit % increases.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/05/30/rate-shock-in-california-obamacare-to-increase-individual-insurance-premiums-by-64-146/

the second article is still not apples to apples. the increases are a false comparison as what is covered is night and day. The new plans have NO COST SHARING for preventive services. there are minimums for coverage that did not exist in the quoted prices of previous plans.

and I see your Forbes article and raise you a NYT article discussing competition in the marketplace - a good old capitalist answer:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/31/health/health-law-is-fostering-co...

Edited by TriToy 2013-05-30 9:46 PM
2013-05-30 10:01 PM
in reply to: TriToy

User image

Champion
SRQ, FL
Originally posted by TriToy

the second article is still not apples to apples. the increases are a false comparison as what is covered is night and day. The new plans have NO COST SHARING for preventive services. there are minimums for coverage that did not exist in the quoted prices of previous plans. and I see your Forbes article and raise you a NYT article discussing competition in the marketplace - a good old capitalist answer: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/31/health/health-law-is-fostering-co...

Preventative services are a SMALL fraction of the costs for most people.  Getting checked for diabetes vs a heart attack.  Just a wee difference in price there wouldn't you agree?

Competition is a good thing.  But we don't need the ACA to achieve that.  All you need to do is open the market and stop creating regulations that protect the insurance companies.

2013-05-30 10:26 PM
in reply to: TriToy

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Originally posted by TriToy

the second article is still not apples to apples. the increases are a false comparison as what is covered is night and day. The new plans have NO COST SHARING for preventive services. there are minimums for coverage that did not exist in the quoted prices of previous plans. and I see your Forbes article and raise you a NYT article discussing competition in the marketplace - a good old capitalist answer: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/31/health/health-law-is-fostering-co...

The cool part is we all get to see it come to life.  So far, the reality is that more and more people do not like the ACA as it gets closer to implementation and I suspect that will continue.  Preventative care is important for overall healthcare, but 20 somethings and 30 somethings could give a rats butt about preventative care.  What they're going to experience is being forced to buy into a healthcare plan they don't want or pay a new tax.  I'm thinking that will go over like a lead balloon personally.

The 30 hour workweek reality has already begun to hit and the poor are getting jacked the worse because the majority of their jobs are hourly.

There are hundreds and hundreds of unintended consequences that will ripple through the country due to ACA.  We've just begun to see the tip of the iceberg.  So, yes there are good things, and nobody (who is sane) can deny there aren't good things in the ACA.  However, there are far more bad things that the supporters like to pretend don't exist.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Defending Obamacare Rss Feed  

of 5