General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Great Support from Rev3 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-05-15 11:07 AM

User image

Veteran
, Nova Scotia
Subject: Great Support from Rev3
Last summer, I signed up for the inaugeral Rev3 Half Williamsburg this June. Of course, a lot can happen in the year between registration and race day, and it happened to me. A nasty bout of bronchitis kept me from any training for about 10 weeks, from before Christmas until the end of Feb. So I went into the 16-week HIM training plan (thanks to Matt Fitzgerald for a great one) with no base training behind me.

The first few weeks were fine, but by week 8 it began. I could meet or exceed the swim requirements, I was meeting (barely and slowly) the run sessions, but the bike training kept slipping, as I couldn't build the distance fast enough. It became clear to me late last week that I would not be able to complete the programme.

So I had a decison to make: enter race and risk an epic bonk or DNF, or drop down to the Oly. I chose the latter, and emailed the Rev3 registration staff. I did not ask for a refund, only to change distances. Within a day, I received a positive answer, and they used the difference in registration fees to offset the change fee. I could not have been happier.

After the shoddy treatment by WTC after the cancellation of National Harbor HIM and the DC 5150 last summer, it was a delight to work with a race company that puts the participant first (as a Masters Clyde, I am always reticent to call myself an athlete. )

Thanks Rev3!

2013-05-15 1:58 PM
in reply to: #4743601

User image

Expert
Williamsburg, VA
Subject: RE: Great Support from Rev3
Will be doing the OLY as well. Train hard and enjoy!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Great Support from Rev3 Rss Feed