BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress)- CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 28

2013-10-11 1:43 PM
in reply to: kruzmeister

User image

Veteran
Long Island
Subject: RE: TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress)- CLOSED
Originally posted by kruzmeister

Hi Team,

sorry I've been abscent for a bit, but I've been following as much as I could everyone's progress.

KTC - nice job on the 70.3, for some reason I couldn't view your race report.

Tim - good luck for your marathon this weekend. I am sure you will meet your goals and break the 4 hour moz.

KC - how are the house renovations going?

Michelle - while you guys are winding down for the season I am just entering mine. Although my winter preparation hasn't gone as planned so I probably wont be racing until early next year, say Feb. My 'A' race is Ironman Australia on the 5th May and I've just started week 1 of my 30 week plan. It will be my first ironman event and excited and terrified are the words that come to mind! Actually if I get to the start line it will be a miracle, but I'm determined to get there miracle or not.

anyway, I wish everyone well as you enter your winter. I'll try and send some heat your way!

Simone, I am so jealous! You are doing an Ironman!! Enjoy your training. Remember the journey is where all the growing takes place!! We are having a nice fall, but any warm weather you can send our way would be great!!

2013-10-11 2:46 PM
in reply to: krazytallchick

User image

Veteran
Long Island
Originally posted by krazytallchick

Race report is complete. Here is the link......I hope

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/RaceLog/races-edit.asp?raceid=238...

It was my "B" race and with AZ within 7 weeks I didn't want to risk getting injury or hurt so I took it easy and still managed to cut my time by 34 minutes from 2 years ago. Thinking I might have to do this race again and make it my "A" race so that I can get under 6 hours.

I can't get to your race report either after 2 trys, but WOW! Great job. IMAZ is going to be awesome!!
You rock.
ann
2013-10-11 10:05 PM
in reply to: avisser

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria

Ann, I was where you are now when Tim, KC, KTC & Deb were doing their first Ironmans, so I know how you feel. Don't worry it will be your turn all too soon! Smile I'll see what I can do about the weather, it has been beautiful here, but soon enough we will be having weeks in the 40C's or translated for Tim, the 100+F's! Tongue out

Originally posted by avisser

Simone, I am so jealous! You are doing an Ironman!! Enjoy your training. Remember the journey is where all the growing takes place!! We are having a nice fall, but any warm weather you can send our way would be great!!

2013-10-12 4:56 AM

Here you go. ever got the same trap with you, under the advice of my uncle, I bought a audio jammer product online, really cool and helpful, you can have a try, quite funny!
2013-10-15 2:07 AM

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria

G'day Team,

How is everyone?

Did my first run today since tearing my calf muscle several weeks back, well it was a run/walk. I'm doing a C210K run/walk program to ease back into it to prevent re injury. Everything went great, my leg pulled up fine even with the extra weight I am carrying, which is starting to come off again. Also had my first swim of the IM plan today. Good feeling to be back in the thick of things. I cannot wait for IMOZ.

My new mantra has become, day by day, workout by workout, meal by meal. By May that should make me a lean machine!

Hope everyone else is enjoying some good weather & workouts.

2013-10-15 2:59 PM

User image

Chicago
Way to go Simone! You are at a much better place than I am. Best of luck with the training. Hopefully by the end of the year I can get back to my training.

G'day Team,

How is everyone?

Did my first run today since tearing my calf muscle several weeks back, well it was a run/walk. I'm doing a C210K run/walk program to ease back into it to prevent re injury. Everything went great, my leg pulled up fine even with the extra weight I am carrying, which is starting to come off again. Also had my first swim of the IM plan today. Good feeling to be back in the thick of things. I cannot wait for IMOZ.

My new mantra has become, day by day, workout by workout, meal by meal. By May that should make me a lean machine!

Hope everyone else is enjoying some good weather & workouts.

2013-10-17 7:15 PM
in reply to: gdelamora

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria

Can you still swim Gil? I made the mistake while I was out with my calf to do nothing at all. Stupid really cause I lost a lot of flexibility and some swim fitness.

Originally posted by gdelamora

Way to go Simone! You are at a much better place than I am. Best of luck with the training. Hopefully by the end of the year I can get back to my training.

2013-10-21 11:49 AM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Hi Team.

Just checking in to say hello. I hope everyone is doing ok. Tim nice job in Chicago. Who else has races left? KTC IMAZ and who else?

I have been brutaly busy with work and house and life. What else is new lol. Renovations are almost done (pictures soon I hope).

Just got back from Quebec City and my golf team had a great week. We earned a Silver Medal in the Canadian College Golf Championships for our Ladies team. This is the first National Medal my team and I have received since 2005 when we won the Golf. Needless to say I am a very proud coach. Now it is time to get back to working out on a regular basis and start some serious rehab on my right ankle which surprisingly has been quite sore the past few weeks. I am not sure why but I will have my team of medical professionals take a look and hopefully come up with some ideas on why the hell it is is hurting and how to get it better. This is the same one that I twisted in June.

Anyway Team - stay healthy and hang tough. I know we have all kind of slowed down in here for now but we will pick it back up soon.

KC

(teamgold.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
teamgold.JPG (78KB - 15 downloads)
2013-10-28 6:14 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Good Morning Team.

Edited by kcgolf 2013-10-28 6:14 AM
2013-10-28 10:01 AM
in reply to: kcgolf

User image

Expert
Hey guys - sorry for my absence lately. I kinda just took a well needed break from "fitness" and "working out" and focused on some things I have kinda neglected the past few years like work and family haha. I am having the perfect storm of 4 projects all coming in at the same time so I have been doing 12 hour days to just keep up. They are really cool with my flexible schedule so I figure I need to step it up every once in a while.

So I started back up this morning and actually got to the pool for the first time since July 19!! Got a brutal 1650 Yards in - I have been focusing on running since then so it was nice to change it up. Gonna get on the bike drainer tomorrow morning. Also registered for my "A" race next season - gonna do the Rev3 Wisconsin Dells 70.3.

As most of you know I missed my 4 hour goal at the Chicago Marathon and finished 4:04:00. I was having a great race and was on target up to mile 23 then the wheels started falling off. I kinda knew it was gonna happen when at mile 16/17 my heart rate just kept climbing and I was in high Zone 4 and getting into Zone 5. Tried to hold on for as long as I could - right leg cramped up at mile 19 and ran through it but when it hit again around 23 I had to walk which pretty much took me out of my goal. Not too upset because I still beat my previous marathon PR of 4:15:26 and my Chicago Marathon PR of 4:28:30. A PR is a PR right?

Hope everyone is doing good - we need to get some off season challenges going. Any thoughts or ideas?
2013-10-28 12:13 PM

User image

Expert
KC - congrats on the Silver medal! I am sure the team is happy to have someone like you as their coach. Hopefully you can get the ankle figured out and healed during the offseason.

I recently found out my hernia surgery is gonna cost over $7000 so now I have to figure out what I am gonna do. Might wait to see how much (or even if) my company HMO plan will be for our renewal on January 1. I recently switched to one of those HSA plans with the thought that I am healthy and can build up a decent amount $$$ to cover the crazy high deductible. I have managed the pain and pretty well and know what I can or cannot do so I might have to live with this for one more season depending on what happens with my health insurance. We shall see....

Originally posted by kcgolf

Hi Team.

Just checking in to say hello. I hope everyone is doing ok. Tim nice job in Chicago. Who else has races left? KTC IMAZ and who else?

I have been brutaly busy with work and house and life. What else is new lol. Renovations are almost done (pictures soon I hope).

Just got back from Quebec City and my golf team had a great week. We earned a Silver Medal in the Canadian College Golf Championships for our Ladies team. This is the first National Medal my team and I have received since 2005 when we won the Golf. Needless to say I am a very proud coach. Now it is time to get back to working out on a regular basis and start some serious rehab on my right ankle which surprisingly has been quite sore the past few weeks. I am not sure why but I will have my team of medical professionals take a look and hopefully come up with some ideas on why the hell it is is hurting and how to get it better. This is the same one that I twisted in June.

Anyway Team - stay healthy and hang tough. I know we have all kind of slowed down in here for now but we will pick it back up soon.

KC

2013-10-28 10:43 PM
in reply to: tmoran80

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria

I already have my challenges, avoiding chocolate, losing 30kgs and getting my calf muscle fixed so I can take on Ironman in 2015.

Originally posted by tmoran80

Hope everyone is doing good - we need to get some off season challenges going. Any thoughts or ideas?

2013-10-28 10:50 PM

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria

Hi Team,

for those who did not read about it on facebook, I am out of Ironman Australia due to my calf injury raising its ugly head again. To say that I am disappointed is an understatement. This was the season I planned to finish my first half ironman and my first ironman and having to pull out of both races has really sucked, emotionally and financially. But that is life as a triathlete, sometimes you finish, sometimes you don't even get to start. I'm taking the rest of the season off from racing (not even a sprint) to get my calf sorted out and to lose the extra weight I've put on. I plan on doing a lot of work on the bike to make it my stronger leg for shep and ironman OZ and then hopefully this time next year I'll be 100 percent fit to carry out my dream.

2013-10-29 11:45 AM

User image

Expert
Simone - does the calf bother you when you are on the bike?

Hi Team,

for those who did not read about it on facebook, I am out of Ironman Australia due to my calf injury raising its ugly head again. To say that I am disappointed is an understatement. This was the season I planned to finish my first half ironman and my first ironman and having to pull out of both races has really sucked, emotionally and financially. But that is life as a triathlete, sometimes you finish, sometimes you don't even get to start. I'm taking the rest of the season off from racing (not even a sprint) to get my calf sorted out and to lose the extra weight I've put on. I plan on doing a lot of work on the bike to make it my stronger leg for shep and ironman OZ and then hopefully this time next year I'll be 100 percent fit to carry out my dream.

2013-10-31 8:05 AM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Hey Team.

Tim - hope you get that hernia fixed soon - listen to your body and your docs. Good luck and thanks for the congrats

KC

KC - congrats on the Silver medal! I am sure the team is happy to have someone like you as their coach. Hopefully you can get the ankle figured out and healed during the offseason.

I recently found out my hernia surgery is gonna cost over $7000 so now I have to figure out what I am gonna do. Might wait to see how much (or even if) my company HMO plan will be for our renewal on January 1. I recently switched to one of those HSA plans with the thought that I am healthy and can build up a decent amount $$$ to cover the crazy high deductible. I have managed the pain and pretty well and know what I can or cannot do so I might have to live with this for one more season depending on what happens with my health insurance. We shall see....

Originally posted by kcgolf

Hi Team.

KC

2013-10-31 8:07 AM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Those are some great challenges my friend

I already have my challenges, avoiding chocolate, losing 30kgs and getting my calf muscle fixed so I can take on Ironman in 2015.

2013-11-01 9:41 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Hi Everyone,

KC - Congratulations on your team winning the silver! That is awesome.

Tim - Take care of yourself. I have been on the high deductible insurance plan for some time and I managed to save money for the deductible because I have been fairly healthy. Then I put the hubby on my plan and lets say we are spending the money I saved. Good luck and don't wait too long as I saw that you signed up for a Rev 3 race.

As for me, I am a bundle of nerves. I may not look it but these last few weeks have been super crazy with working out, work and travel. I did let my hair down during our Regional Sales meeting and I ate way too much and drank way too much but I needed to let some steam out. I am traveling for work all next week and during that time I have to drop my bike off for its adventure to AZ. I am not liking the fact that I have to turn my bike over to someone and not see it for over a week. It is scary as hell! Also I get to pack a bag with my bike of the heavier items so I don't have to carry them on the plane with me. I just don't feel prepared like I did last year and I am freaking out over it and everything else!

Kathy (KTC)
2013-11-01 10:14 AM

User image

Expert
Kathy - you will be fine. I would maybe suggest taking a picture of your bike and everything you sent so if you have a minor freak out thinking you forgot something you can go back to the photo to reassure yourself. A good list does the same but nothing better than actually seeing the item. Probably a good thing that you are keeping yourself busy with some work travel just make sure you eat good these next two weeks. You will be fine - remember you are an Ironman veteran and know what it takes to get it done - the only thing left is to get it done

Agree on the health plan -The only reason I did the HSA high deductible was because we are pretty healthy and I figured the same thing - build up a nice savings over a few years and then never have to worry about it. That plan FAILED as I had my GI issues 2 weeks into the plan and then this hernia in July haha. Oh well - honestly it seems like it is getting better but then I try to climb up something and it hurts. It used to hurt to sneeze and cough but that has either gotten better or I have become used to the pain. No pain at all swimming and biking and a little discomfort when I start running but then it goes away so it is not a huge pressing issue so I can figure out what I need to do $$$ wise.

As for me, I am a bundle of nerves. I may not look it but these last few weeks have been super crazy with working out, work and travel. I did let my hair down during our Regional Sales meeting and I ate way too much and drank way too much but I needed to let some steam out. I am traveling for work all next week and during that time I have to drop my bike off for its adventure to AZ. I am not liking the fact that I have to turn my bike over to someone and not see it for over a week. It is scary as hell! Also I get to pack a bag with my bike of the heavier items so I don't have to carry them on the plane with me. I just don't feel prepared like I did last year and I am freaking out over it and everything else!

Kathy (KTC)
2013-11-01 10:15 AM

User image

Expert
I was on a roll this week until yesterday and then work slammed me again. Missed my bike last night and my swim this morning due to staying late and getting in early. Maybe I will try to get to the pool tonight...
2013-11-08 9:22 PM

User image

Chicago
I have been having a hard time getting into a rhythm. I was able to get on the bike this evening and it felt great. Work and unexpected things keep coming up.

QUOTE]Originally posted by tmoran80

I was on a roll this week until yesterday and then work slammed me again. Missed my bike last night and my swim this morning due to staying late and getting in early. Maybe I will try to get to the pool tonight...
2013-11-11 11:34 AM

User image

Chicago
Hello Kathy,

Hope you're doing better now with the nerves. I can imagine how crazy this week must be for you. I know you'll be great and just trust you will and training. Please keep us posted. We'll be cheering for you all the way!!!

Hi Everyone,

KC - Congratulations on your team winning the silver! That is awesome.

Tim - Take care of yourself. I have been on the high deductible insurance plan for some time and I managed to save money for the deductible because I have been fairly healthy. Then I put the hubby on my plan and lets say we are spending the money I saved. Good luck and don't wait too long as I saw that you signed up for a Rev 3 race.

Kathy (KTC)

2013-11-11 2:39 PM

User image

Veteran
Long Island
KTC. Im so excited for you!! I don't know if you will be checking the site but I am praying for you. I am you have a great and safe race!! Will try to follow on line. Enjoy meeting all the groupies! I can't wait to hear how it goes... I have such envy.

Simeone, so sorry about your injury!! All things happen for a reason though. Maybe you need to work through some stuff. Keep training as you can and maybe we will do our first IM together in a year or so.

I am recruiting family and friends to a local Beer run 10 miles in January! Thats not easy here in the northeast. We are Sheddin for the Weddin!! Trying not to gain over the holidays so we are training. My daughter's wedding is April 27th.

Thinking about doing my first 26.2 next year. Marine Corp run in Washington DC. Trying to get faster. Need to get more strength in. Doing yoga for flexibility work.

Be well, everyone!!
ann
2013-11-11 2:39 PM

User image

Veteran
Long Island
KTC. Im so excited for you!! I don't know if you will be checking the site but I am praying for you. I am you have a great and safe race!! Will try to follow on line. Enjoy meeting all the groupies! I can't wait to hear how it goes... I have such envy.

Simeone, so sorry about your injury!! All things happen for a reason though. Maybe you need to work through some stuff. Keep training as you can and maybe we will do our first IM together in a year or so.

I am recruiting family and friends to a local Beer run 10 miles in January! Thats not easy here in the northeast. We are Sheddin for the Weddin!! Trying not to gain over the holidays so we are training. My daughter's wedding is April 27th.

Thinking about doing my first 26.2 next year. Marine Corp run in Washington DC. Trying to get faster. Need to get more strength in. Doing yoga for flexibility work.

Be well, everyone!!
ann
2013-11-12 1:47 PM
in reply to: avisser

User image

Extreme Veteran
Thank you Gil and Ann,

Just printed my boarding pass so the time is near and I have yet to pack.

It is really hard to explain how I am feeling right now, what comes to mind is more like I am just numb, I don't feel nervous, excited or scared. But I am sure I will feel all those once I get to Arizona.

This will be a new adventure for me as when I have done a long race I have at some point visited the site and have ran, and ridden part of the course. Right now I am not comfortable about anything. Yes, I have studied the maps but till I am there it is hard for me to picture anything. I am very much a visual person and I am having a hard time with this.

You would all laugh at me the other day. I bought booties for the swim just in case the water is really cold, and I brought them to the pool the other day to try them on as others talked about how they take in water and was useless. So I wanted to try them out before I packed them. Here I am at the pool with my swimsuit on and the booties. The life guards got a good chuckle on how ridiculous I looked but I got a feel of how they will feel and once I put the wet suite on it won't look so bad.

My bib number is 1032 if you want to track me. Also I will be carrying the Garmin GTU 10 where it will track my location. I know that the hubby will be entering fences meaning that once I enter a certain location a text/email will be sent letting one know where I was. If anyone would like to track me using this let me know either your email or cell number and we will set you up for updates. This is my cheap version of the My Athlete tracking device plus I use it when I train.

KTC
2013-11-13 9:28 AM

User image

Chicago
Good Morning!

Just some updates on how things have been going for me. It feels like things slowed down for everyone including myself. I'm still not running. It has been two months now. I will give it another month or so before I start working on my running again. I have been doing master swim for a few months now and I'm finally getting into some kind of rhythum with it.

My indoor trainer classes have also started so that is something that I'm doing once a week. It's hard when they both fall on the same day like last night. My evening turns into a 3 hour training session but somehow I survived last night so I'll continue as long as I can. I'm also working on losing some pounds so that i can enter the spring lighter. This is a challenge because work has been really busy and I start doing some traveling soon. I don't do well when i travel for work because i always over eat and don't excerise like I plan to.

That's all for now. Hope everyone is doing well.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress)- CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 28