General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IM 70.3 St George or Boise? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-05-18 3:07 PM

User image

Utah
Subject: IM 70.3 St George or Boise?
I am wanting to jump from Oly distances to 70.3 next year. I am seriously considering one of these two, but am not sure which one for a variety of reasons. I would probably go with StG, but I have heard it is a beast of a course. I am also considering Boise, because it is an easier course, however, the weather can be a real game changer up there. For those of you that have done either of these, please weigh in with your opinions, good bad and otherwise for a first timer.

I have done tris for two years now, and have been a marathoner for four years. I know there are other races closer throughout the year, but for the first long course, call me a brand snob, but I want the M-dot . Thank you in advance!

Edited by KatieLimb 2013-05-18 3:12 PM

2013-06-16 9:42 AM
in reply to: KatieLimb

New user

Subject: RE: IM 70.3 St George or Boise?
I've done both, and to be honest I'm torn which to do next year as well (maaaybe both) ... Both are beautiful venues. SG is definitely a beast of a course, but it's doable. If you want the challenge and extra satisfaction of tackling a harder course, I'd say go for SG but train tons of hills in the preceding months. If you're more motivated by a time goal, go for Boise, which has a pancake flat run.
2013-06-18 5:20 PM

User image

Veteran
Hahaha funny to run into you here Katie I am glad you signed up for St George. The course is hard but you can do it. It is not a PR type of a race but to me that not what I look for. The community is great and what an amazing place to have a race. Let me know if you ever have any questions and I will try to help you
2014-02-13 1:27 PM

User image

I may be a little biased as I am from Saint George and this is where I train everyday and its a local race but my vote would be for STG. Sure the course is a little tougher but totally worth it. I did it last years and its a very well put on race. I have never heard anything but issues with Boise and the weather, I don't think they have had a successful one in 3-4 years.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IM 70.3 St George or Boise? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

IM 70.3 St. George Bike Course?

Started by Ottoboss
Views: 5360 Posts: 18

2013-03-19 6:06 PM rpeterson

IM Volunteers

Started by bctri21
Views: 1383 Posts: 5

2010-05-17 9:36 PM HoganBC
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 20, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
So tell me why I want to bother swimming the other strokes? I'm IM training, and plan to swim freestyle for the entire race, is there an advantage to working on the other strokes?

date : May 11, 2007
author : IRONVIKING
When it comes down to it, it’s me who has to believe I can run a full marathon after swimming and biking, and no amount of others’ belief in me is going to help.
date : September 3, 2005
author : trad_it
Now, for the last 20 years I’ve always though that jogging seemed about as interesting as watching paint dry, and you know what? That’s how it turned out to be.

date : July 31, 2005
author : Michael Silva
I’m a 240lb man, and I run relatively long distances. How would you recommend training for marathon and IM distances as heavy as I am?
date : July 31, 2005
author : chrisandniki
A Navy Seals program modified specifically for triathletes. This workout is DIFFICULT!!! The weight training portion alone may make you cry.

date : July 5, 2005
author : dara
It makes no sense to train hard for a year to hone that aerobic system only to have all that training undermined by a few anaerobic bursts on race day. So, how do you go about it?
date : February 16, 2005
author : trilover
comments : 1
Byrn won’t hold your hand through the long hours and miles required finishing or for success in an IM, he can only show you how to get there. The work is up to you.

date : September 14, 2004
author : tri_again
How to juggle life's demands with triathlon training needs.