BT Development NOT Bugs, Enhancements » Seems the site has been ruined. Very slow and confusing, too bad. Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2013-05-23 6:38 PM

Subject: Seems the site has been ruined. Very slow and confusing, too bad.

2013-05-24 12:01 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Subject: RE: Seems the site has been ruined. Very slow and confusing, too bad.

We will be improving the speed for the next month.  Aside from current bugs, we are working on the error logs so they get smaller and smaller (they have been), then there are several things we can start cache-ing (minigraphs, etc) to improve loading speed.  We have a lot of headroom for improvement.

I apologies for all of the inconvenience.  We are about to celebrate our 10 year anniversary, back then when we started coding there was one browser, Internet explorer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_web_browsers  Makes things real easy.  It's not like that anymore.  Add to that mobile and debugging a complete site redesign is honestly a nightmare.  We can't even come close to covering all scenarios in development.

It's been just about a full week, and our most popular functions are stable - though still some bugs and oddities.  Though performance can certainly be improved and it will.

Stick around and help, let me know the specifics of what is slow and I will work on them.

2013-05-24 2:18 PM
in reply to: shayg

User image

Veteran
Wheaton, IL
Subject: RE: Seems the site has been ruined. Very slow and confusing, too bad.
I agree. However, I give them credit for trying to make it better, but having to click through more pages to enter a workout is far from ideal. I really liked the simplicity of putting body metrics, health, swim/bike/run, and everything all on one page. Too many clicks is an annoyance.

I have been a longtime member, but might be looking for a more user friendly place to log my workouts.
New Thread
BT Development NOT Bugs, Enhancements » Seems the site has been ruined. Very slow and confusing, too bad. Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

How to get the old site back

Started by Dlaxman31
Views: 1587 Posts: 4

2013-05-24 2:20 PM simply2fab

Really like the new site

Started by latestarter
Views: 1435 Posts: 6

2013-05-22 7:03 AM sanjana
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 22, 2010
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
I've seen posts on chronic achilles pain, but nothing on recovery from surgery. I don't know the difference between the good pain and the bad when training.

date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.
date : March 17, 2008
author : BWL
comments : 4
Using tri training for breaking bad habits, getting healthy and gaining confidence plus a little bit of humility.

date : July 3, 2006
author : mrakes1
As we speak, a team of scientists, biochemists and nutritionists are performing experiments on the upcoming revolutionary product for improving your athletic performance.
date : January 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 2
I’m terrified of biking hills and the triathlon I am registered for has several hills…on AND off road!! I’m willing to do whatever it takes to finish this triathlon. Any guidance?

date : October 2, 2005
author : writers2
comments : 20
My First Half Ironman Experience-A Slow, Fat, Old Triathlete. Here is my story of my first, and probably only Half Ironman. I’m an almost 52 year old, VERY Athena triathlete.
date : October 17, 2004
author : infosteward
I want your tastes to be satisfied. I want you to feel like you’re coming home each Monday when you view the new articles uploaded to the site.

date : August 31, 2004
author : Ron
comments : 38
Know how to get around BT. Some essentials on emails, passwords, pictures, login problems and more.